↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Heater fan blower removal from a defender puma?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Scrawf

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tamar Blue
Heater fan blower removal from a defender puma?
Hi guys

So suddenly the heater fan has stopped working in my 2007 Puma Defender. The air con fan works but the fan that blows into the cab doesn’t anymore for some strange reason. Nothing has changed recently it’s just stopped.

I’m getting power to the heater fan but the fan is not spinning, so I guess it needs replacing. None of the setting work but there is power to the connector except in position 0 so I guess that eliminates the fuse, switch and resistor pack.

My Defender is RHD and I had a go at removing the fan in situ, but it’s impossible to get it out the car without taking the whole heater fan box off or perhaps loosening the wing! My question is: Does anybody have a sneaky technique for doing this in place. Or do I need to remove the whole of the fan housing? It doesn’t look that difficult, just time consuming.

The fan spins OK and there is no debris or water in there so the motor must be knackered I think.

Any help much appreciated! I checked and it think the part number is JGB50050. Could someone confirm that is correct?

Thanks!
Post #987538 1st Apr 2023 11:53am
Scrawf

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tamar Blue
Anyone got any advice?
Post #987944 4th Apr 2023 9:24pm
TomB8

United Kingdom 1994 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Arles Blue
If similar to the 300tdi I can offer assistance having just taken mine out to do some welding, but I fear not. This thread any use? https://www.defender2.net/forum/post854173.html
Post #987955 4th Apr 2023 10:55pm
skidrov

Australia 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Fuji White
When mine died, I DID remove the ducts, inner wing and a whole bunch of stuff. Not fun.

But then, on another forum, I asked the question of someone who had more recently completed the job. See link: https://www.aulro.com/afvb/90-110-130-defe...ost3120701

Note that "the unit" means the whole fan box - if you have a look around the edge of the fan box on the bulkhead, you will (with some cable moving) see the referenced nuts.

I haven't tried this myself (once was enough...) but from a quick look under the bonnet AFTER the event, it looks worth a try and easier than the way I went.

And, the part number you quote looks to be almost correct: JGB500050 is the unit I ordered.

Hope that helps.
Post #987964 5th Apr 2023 4:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1