↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Vehicles seized, Northumberland, and Durham Armed Police.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
DSC-off

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Vehicles seized, Northumberland, and Durham Armed Police.
A cautionary tale for anyone going out on the lanes, be absolutely certain the route is open and legal.
I saw these Discoverys on Sunday, from a distance on another lane that was open, and was close by when the police caught up with them. I didn't hang around after that.

One driver admitted to us that he had followed some motorbikes on a footpath.
The other 2 had been having difficulty and got stuck.
Landowners and the police are watching and waiting to catch illegal or irresponsible drivers in the area.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-65109181

Northumbria Police said they found the vehicles using a closed byway
Three four-wheel drive vehicles have been seized by police for illegally driving through a forest.
Northumbria Police said Slaley Woods, near Hexham, was a "hotspot" for anti-social and illegal off-road vehicle use.
An operation on Sunday caught three 4x4s using a restricted byway which was not due to open until May.

Meanwhile, Durham Armed Police are on the lookout after another lane has had a closure extended.

Sergeant Steve Down, of the Durham Roads and Armed Policing Unit, said: “We welcome the extended traffic regulation order at Doctors Gate Lane, in Hamsterley Forest, which has already proved successful in driving down anti-social behaviour in the area.

https://www.newtonnews.co.uk/vehicle-ban-e...ar-forest/
Post #987354 30th Mar 2023 2:37pm
camelman

United Kingdom 
Looks like they were seized under Section 59.
The numpties can pay the storage and recovery fees and get them back after that. 
Post #987359 30th Mar 2023 3:00pm
DSC-off

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
I was wondering if they would get the vehicles back. Cheers.
Post #987361 30th Mar 2023 3:22pm
Moo

Ukraine 
The good old 'One Life Live it' brigade. Personally I think they should be made to watch their vehicles being crushed and then sent a bill for recovery, storage and crushing with it being posted on all the Facebook etc groups. A few videos of that and the behaviour will change.
Post #987364 30th Mar 2023 4:08pm
bankz5152

2004 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Epsom Green
They where found to be off piste, which is the reason for the seizure, the police had posted the wrong information which they have supposedly corrected.

But yeah just dont be a bellend. Makes me sad I own a D2 now Laughing Instagram @defender_ventures
Empire Tuning - Agent
Post #987371 30th Mar 2023 5:18pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
This sort of stuff is rife on moreland around here, old 4x4s and unregistered motorbikes are a menace and what will result in the remaining freedoms we have being removed. The problem is the average person can't separate these knuckle draggers from the rest of us. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #987372 30th Mar 2023 5:22pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Not just 4X4's

When i used to deal with one of the Range Warden on Salisbury Plain he told me that the police were also targeting vans that were parked up together with the owners out on their dirt bikes.

If the van was only insured for business use, no including social domestic pleasure, then the van would be removed and impounded.

The dickheads will still be there even after the rest of us are banned from using Byways and UCR's.
Post #987388 30th Mar 2023 8:06pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Bellends......
Post #987392 30th Mar 2023 8:24pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
I'm really glad they caught them, Slaley has had a major problem for years with these idiots, there are quite a few places where the legal ROW goes and these cockwombles deliberately drive down the ditches to create mud holes which they frequently get stuck in. If you say anything to them you just get threats and a mouthful of abuse so we normally just get some inconspicuous photos and any dashcam footage and forward it on to our contact in Forestry England and he then reports it all to the police. Dirt bikes are a big problem also and the amount of vans that turn up in the forest and they will unload a couple of dirt bikes and then just ride anywhere, they never have number plates on the bikes and they are harder to catch Twisted Evil Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #987401 30th Mar 2023 9:14pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
where my old defender was found, was a haven for 4x4s and bikes, backend of 2021 early 2022, the area was cleared, over 15 Suzuki 4x4s were recovered from the area, along with a couple of stolen cars. One looked like it had been pitched a few months before they cleared the site, its now been developed on now. So these arseholes have lost a little play pen, i do suspect though it was one of the lads who cut the axles off it, who told me where the car was, he had photos of his disco there. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #987414 31st Mar 2023 2:31am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Hairy Dan wrote:
I'm really glad they caught them, Slaley has had a major problem for years with these idiots, there are quite a few places where the legal ROW goes and these cockwombles deliberately drive down the ditches to create mud holes which they frequently get stuck in. If you say anything to them you just get threats and a mouthful of abuse so we normally just get some inconspicuous photos and any dashcam footage and forward it on to our contact in Forestry England and he then reports it all to the police. Dirt bikes are a big problem also and the amount of vans that turn up in the forest and they will unload a couple of dirt bikes and then just ride anywhere, they never have number plates on the bikes and they are harder to catch Twisted Evil

nearly where i live, one area was a 4x4 haven, as i mentioned in my other post, the other is over the road from me, which is more used for the motor bikes, rather than 4x4s. But id put money on it they will find away in there. Many times i have seen the police helicopter out over that area, and where my defender was found. Another area over the water from me, the police had a right crack down, and seized a good number of bikes. I remember them having a crack down on one of the local beaches, We were there at the time walking the dog, when the police were just stopping riders and taking the bikes off them. This was about 20 years ago, the lad i went to school, with he decided to get shot of his, before even bothering to take it out for a ride, due to the crack downs and fines. He said its not worth the hassle for me and my dad. His dad had bought two bikes for peanuts a few months before hand. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #987415 31st Mar 2023 2:37am
Procta

United Kingdom 
markb110 wrote:
Not just 4X4's

When i used to deal with one of the Range Warden on Salisbury Plain he told me that the police were also targeting vans that were parked up together with the owners out on their dirt bikes.

If the van was only insured for business use, no including social domestic pleasure, then the van would be removed and impounded.

The dickheads will still be there even after the rest of us are banned from using Byways and UCR's.

fly tipping is another one too, council have crushed a few very local vans and cars to me, just a shame the force is so wound back, for them to properly get right into this. Get the helicopter out over the area and a few parked cars on the exists and then boom. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #987416 31st Mar 2023 2:40am
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
I agree Procta and all.

They simply couldn’t care less and other than the aforementioned crushing and billing then I’m not sure they will ever stop.

I have learned a new word which does accurately describe them - cockwombles Thumbs Up

Procta - I hope that ‘boom’ is the sound of the missile.
Post #988114 6th Apr 2023 11:08am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White

Click image to enlarge
Whistle Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #988128 6th Apr 2023 2:11pm
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver