↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Finance & Insurance > Back To Adrian Flux
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Galyman

Scotland 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Aintree Green
Back To Adrian Flux
I have insured various Defenders over the years but moved away from Adrian Flux as they became a little pricey. It was easier to go with the mainstream insurers (Aviva/Direct Line) when the vehicles were not modified. I have been insuring my latest 110 tdci, Hard Top (2013) with One Call as it was unmodified. A fully comprehensive premium was £200 for the year. I am now adding an Alive remap, an Alive Intercooler and a Demand SS exhaust. One Call will no longer insure it when modified so my quest began today.

LV - Quote online came out at £486 for the year. Modifications were accepted.

APlan - Phoned up Thatcham office as suggested in many of the posts on this site. Spoke to very pleasant lady but they didn't really know their Land Rovers. Premium came to £655 for the year which I found quite high given some of the other comments on this site. It was pointed out that due to the number of Defender thefts, I might consider additional security (Other than steering lock and pedal lock, it is standard).

Lancaster - Despite me telling them up front the age of the vehicle, it took 25 minutes to tell me they would not insure it due to the age!

Adrian Flux - Expecting the worst I was pleasantly surprised when the yearly price came to £423 for the year, so ended up going with them.

NFU - A bit of a left field one this but this was my best experience with regards customer service. A very helpful and knowledgeable lady took me through the process and explained that although they might be a bit pricier than others, they do not charge for changes to policy or policy cancellations and they apply a loyalty bonus at each renewal. I never got to the price as we were waiting on the underwriters and by that time I had signed up with AF. I will definitely give NFU a call next year.

Last edited by Galyman on 20th Apr 2023 10:09pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #989714 20th Apr 2023 8:26pm
chopcat

Wales 2000 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Java Black
Also try Classic Line next time they are good with both my defenders, D4 and 32 Ford
Post #989722 20th Apr 2023 9:21pm
Galyman

Scotland 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Aintree Green
Cheers chopcat. Will take a look at them next time.
Post #989733 21st Apr 2023 7:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1