↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > Pivi Pro - Multiple user Profiles - Next to useless?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JustCallMeMac

United Kingdom 
Pivi Pro - Multiple user Profiles - Next to useless?
Is it just me, or are individual profiles next to useless, when multiple profiles are used.

The Defender’s my wife’s car. We’ve created individual profiles in PIVI PRO for each of us, running the latest 4.0.0 update. My wife also has the master ‘In Control’ account, with vehicle added, whilst I have my own, albeit without the vehicle added, which isn’t possible according to the dealer. After following the invite process on her account, and logging on with mine in car, I’m now registered as a Secondary / Additional user on her account. Both of our In Control accounts log on automatically to our respective in car profiles. So, all's good there.

However, data logging for In Control aside, (works on wife’s account only), I’m seeing next to no benefit of selecting our individual profiles in car, where the automatic application of profile-specific functionality is concerned. My own daily is an X5 and the difference here is stark.

Am I therefore correct in assuming the following:

• Profile has to be manually selected on the PIVI screen, when a change from the last user is required. A profile cannot be associated with the key fob.

• Profile does not store, and automatically select, the mobile device belonging to the chosen profile. (Default device is always selected first, which is my wife’s in this case)

• Profile cannot be associated with a memorised seating position. (Manual selection required)

• Profile does not store and automatically apply any user-specific functionality, apart from last radio station!

I appreciate that for a single user, this isn’t really an issue. However, when switching between user profiles, the automatic association of profile-specific settings, and individual preferences, seems completely rudimentary, bordering on non-existent. Or am I missing something really obvious?

One final question I have please is what is the quickest and easiest way to change between stored mobile devices, when you don’t want to use the default? I can do it via a few PIVI menu selections and can then launch CarPlay for my device, but the route I'm taking to do so seems a bit of a faff.

Many thanks!
Post #1001497 24th Jul 2023 9:56am
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
I guess this will be coming . If you read the updates notes from 4.0.0 it refers to changes to profiles coming. 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #1001567 24th Jul 2023 4:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1