↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Updates and Advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Stiff1

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Updates and Advice
Hi all, Its been a while since I've done much so...

Driver side (always seems to be!) wiper seized about 18 months ago so dash out, two new spindles, rods, all greased up and working great. Not nearly the job I was expecting so done in several hours. Thought I would leave the dash out incase there was anything to do that this would make it easier... and here we still are driving around with no dash. The MOT man was a bit taken aback but all the switches were connected so it passed with no advisories:). No one is aloud in the passenger seat.

Click image to enlarge

So question, what can I do before putting the dash back... (all dash lights changed and everything sealed already) Thought about bulkhead sound proofing but really does not seem anywhere to attack, I have seen videos of people dynamatting the air ducting and heater but not sure that makes a difference. Going to upgrade speakers but that can really be done anytime.

Next, Had the usual driver door split to the left of the lock peg ages ago, bought a replacement section but ended up just bolting it over the original, well that then split as well.
Bought another replacement section and had the old cut out and new welded in, great job. Additionally they put a bracket on the inner panel to the door which has stopped all the flex so should not happen again. Will sound proof the door before putting back together.

Click image to enlarge

Replaced all the door hinges and bolts as well as windscreen blocks, looks much better.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

New wheels, 18", I know some don't like them but I love them and that's what counts Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Only got 4 Big Cry so new spare wheel cover to hide the Boost, love it.

Click image to enlarge

New seats in, from an Evoque, electrics connected up so all working (ish) added height took some getting used too with the clutch but all good now.

Click image to enlarge

So the (ish) is I connected the passenger one to the original heated seat switch wire, turned on, seat heated up... ALOT, and then went off. Presume it burnt out on the pad. I had presumed as the original seats were fused this would be fine but obviously not. Any pointers on what to do before I blow the drivers one would be appreciated.

To do:

Need to tidy the rear crossmember AGAIN, where does the paint go???

Replace the sidesteps AGAIN, thinking of splashing out on the recently released stainless XS type or just keep replacing with the cheap ones every three years for the next 18 years, costs about the same.

Continue with the sound deadening

Not doing too bad as about to cross 200,000 miles

So all advice/ help welcome.
Post #1023728 5th Feb 2024 11:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1