↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Fuel filler door clicking / Doors not locking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Deus98

Singapore 
Fuel filler door clicking / Doors not locking
First off, I am new to the forum and have been driving my used 2020 110 P400 for the past three months to much joy on 2 road trips from Singapore, through Malaysia to southern Thailand and back. Albeit an occasional center screen freezing, the car have largely been behaving as it should.

Few days ago, I noticed some clicking noise from around the filler flap door (5 clicks at an interval of approx. a minute) and not thinking much about the issue, locked the car with key fob thinking once powered down it will stop. Next morning when I started the car, a message prompt asked to “start car, battery is low”. As the clicking sound did not return, I went about my day at work. Same night when I return to start car, again the battery low message was shown. When I lock the car with key fob. This time the clicking sound returned. I was probably ahead of myself thinking I could outsmart the system, so I went about reaching in from the fender and unplugged the connector to the fuel door actuator. For added measure, just in case I wake to find a dead car battery, I removed the ground connector from the main battery under driver seat (RHD).

The following day as I reconnected battery after ensuring the actuator cable was put back in place. Car started as per normal. I can drive the car but now found out that neither key fob, remote app , nor the buttons from inside car can lock any doors, less the fuel flap door 🙈. The key fob still arm the car with the two beeps. Trying to open any door in that state still sound the alarm. But all doors cannot be lock since.

Has anyone faced this same issue ,please d shed some light on its rcause and remedy, I will be very grateful and thank you in advance. If all else fail, I guess it will be to the dealership this coming week.

*Admin please feel free to move or delete if this issue had been addressed before. Thanks. 2020 MY, 110, P400 SE
Post #983714 26th Feb 2023 6:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1