↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Ultragauge error P0101
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
lguizza

Italy 
Ultragauge error P0101
Hello, my name is Luca and I recently owned a 2011 td4 2.4 defender.
With a typhoon with a lot of wind and rain I traveled calmly but after a few days an alarm appeared on the dashboard.
ENGINE FAILURE... looking at my Ultragauge I saw that the error is P0101 which corresponds to a problem with the supply air circuit. I thought I had some problem with the air filter and I opened . I found the filter broken and the MAF dirty with small pieces of paper..after cleaning it with a spray and also cleaning the MAp sensor and resetting the alarm on the dashboard, I realized that it is still present in the Ultragauge. I ask you for advice on what I still have to check to be calm. Thanks in advance .
Post #983330 22nd Feb 2023 2:30pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
It is vey likely that water has been sucked into your air intake, made your air filter wet and it has caused it to break up.
You need to remove the big pipe between your airbox and the turbo inlet to see if any of the air filter element has detached and now stuck in the pipe or the turbo.

Pieces of the air filter may have also gone through the turbo and may now be blocking the intercooler, or gone through the intercooler and stuck in the inlet manifold.
Post #983332 22nd Feb 2023 2:44pm
lguizza

Italy 
Hi Ianh, Thanks for your very quick reply.
I disassembled the input curve to the turbo and found small fragments of paper .... I cleaned ... and I did not notice any drop in engine power ... indeed after cleaning the sensors it is more fluid to deliver power .. .but as you suggested I would like to disassemble the ducts before the intercooler and maybe even the EGR valve...I've never done a job like this but I'm confident that it can be done even without lifting the DEFENDER on a mechanical bridge...you what do you recommend me?
Thank you
Post #983333 22nd Feb 2023 2:54pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
No need to lift the vehicle. You can detach the intercooler hoses at the intercooler and vacuum the intercooler and hoses to see and clear any filter materials.
No need to touch the EGR.

It may be that all is ok and there are no bits of filter blocking anything, the reason you are still getting a DTC is perhaps the delicate MAF sensor has been damaged and needs replacing.

Once checks undertaken, clear DTC code, start engine, if code comes back then replace MAF sensor with new Quality part, I.e Bosch.
Post #983909 27th Feb 2023 8:29pm
lguizza

Italy 
Hi Ianh, I ran the checks as you suggested and did a full clean.
I was lucky to find no filter residue and a decent cleaning situation.
MAF and MAP cleaned gently and thoroughly with spray brake cleaner and fault reset.
I dedicated Sunday morning to work and the afternoon to studying the ODBII Ultragauge that I installed.
Ianh do you own a Defender TD4?
Has anyone owning an Ultragauge used on a TD4 defender configured the information best?
I would like to exchange points of view to better understand what preventive maintenance to do with the information from the Ultragauge.
Thank you
Post #984554 6th Mar 2023 8:24am
Ianh

United Kingdom 
I have a 2013 2.2 tdci and use a Nanocom for diagnostics.lots on here have an ultraguage so If you post Questions on here people can help.

I think it would also be good for you to message member Dgardel as he is very knowledgeable and also Italian https://www.defender2.net/forum/member-dgardel.html
Post #984581 6th Mar 2023 2:03pm
lguizza

Italy 
Grazie della preziosa informazione.... Very Happy
Post #984583 6th Mar 2023 2:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1