↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres (L663) > TPMS - again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
steam_simon

TPMS - again
Does anyone know if the spare wheel has a sensor? And if it does should it display in the IDD? I'm sure I've seen a photo showing the spare tyre pressure on the IDD elsewhere on this forum, but my spare doesn't display (and has never displayed).
Post #982544 15th Feb 2023 4:25pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Mine has a sensor in the spare but as far as I know it doesn't display the pressure anywhere. Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #982546 15th Feb 2023 4:39pm
Lockley

United Kingdom 
If you rotate the tyres, the spare with the TPMS will then register in its new location and appear in the IDD. I've rotated my tyres myself every 5000 miles and this has worked every time.
Post #982571 15th Feb 2023 8:19pm
abyss

Australia 
I bought a set of genuine 5 spokes 22” rims and fitted new genuine LR TPMS along with new tyres. After swapping it to my car (came with 19”). The car doesn’t recognise any reading now with 4 “X” in the reading. I drove the car for 2 days in various still nothing.

Does the genuine TMPS has be programmed?
Post #987952 4th Apr 2023 10:48pm
steam_simon

As far as I know you do not need to reset them. I did replace my factory fitted wheels with a set of non-TPMS off-road wheels and the TPMS did not work (as expected).

When I subsequently replaced the off-roads with the original factory fitted wheels the TPMS worked almost instantly.

The next step is to get the off-road tyres fitted with TPMS sensors and see what happens.

I am assured by the vendor that they should work without any "re-setting", but others on this forum do seem to have had problems so I have my fingers crossed.
Post #987999 5th Apr 2023 11:15am
Garthlands

United Kingdom 
I bought a set of five "take offs" from my local dealer, for use as a second set of wheels and fitted them with off road tyres. First time on the car, new wheels worked with the TPMS system right away and when I swap wheels back to the road tyres, it picks them up right away too, no issues and no laptop involved at any point! Very Happy
Post #988030 5th Apr 2023 2:47pm
Tim in Scotland

My now departed D240 110 had a receiver for the spare as well as the tyre TPMS sensor and the pressure showed up on the IDD TPMS page. My new 90 doesn’t display the spare’s pressure on the screen and I suspect as part of the penny pinching at JLR it’s because they didn’t fit a pick up head for it like my 110 had. One query I put to both the dealer and LRCS with my 110 was why the spare’s recommended pressure was so high at 50 psi and it set off the low pressure alarm at 47psi which was a pain.
When I took delivery of my 90 one of the things I did after leaving the showroom was to check what the tyre pressures were set at…….. 3 out of 4 were at near enough the correct light running pressure but the rear off side was set at 50psi! So much for the dealership doing a proper PDI - or maybe the work experience child was trusted to do that bit if it……. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #988032 5th Apr 2023 2:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1