Home > General & Technical (L663) > Seat belt Chime MY23
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
BruceT

South Africa 
Seat belt Chime MY23
Hi All,

On my 2020 D240 SE i was able to turn the seat belt chime off using the trick mentioned on this forum (inserting seat belt clip in and taking it out 10 times or until you hear a Bong)

This doesnt seem to work on my MY23 D300 HSE . Has anyone managed to turn off this chime or am I going to have to go to a scrap yard and buy the seat belt clips?

Thank you "Overlanding With Bruce" - Youtube https://www.youtube.com/@OverlandingwithBruce
11MY Defender 130
23MY Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzrHKcjA-LJ470_H4QwPgVA
Post #978960 20th Jan 2023 11:43am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
It seems they changed something in MY2022 onwards as mine is the same, the little trick doesn't work and I've even been looking at the CCF files to see if it can be turned off that way but haven't found a way yet:? Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #978992 20th Jan 2023 3:49pm
BruceT

South Africa 
thank you. Thought I was doing something wrong "Overlanding With Bruce" - Youtube https://www.youtube.com/@OverlandingwithBruce
11MY Defender 130

Post #979195 22nd Jan 2023 9:07am
lightning

United Kingdom 
Why would you need to turn it off? Mine only goes off if l start driving without the seat belt on, which you wouldn't do anyway.
Post #979202 22nd Jan 2023 9:48am
Moo

Ukraine 
When towing you might want it off if reversing and jumping in and out checking things. It really is annoying. I put the dog car lead seat attachment lead in it. Thumbs Up
Post #979203 22nd Jan 2023 10:10am
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
Very annoying when opening and shutting gates too. I disabled mine but it’s a 2021MY so the old way worked.
Post #979217 22nd Jan 2023 11:26am
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
One of the few ways in which it's clear that Land Rover didn't quite get the right people to test the car...

manoeuvring the car around private land without seatbelt... bong

heavy stuff on back seats... bong

stop the car and get out to open a gate... car shuts itself down & drops you out of Terrain Response mode

best car I've owned by a country mile, and it is actually very well thought out in many ways, but just wish they'd let us have a bit more control over things... suppose quite a bit of it is regulation Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #979252 22nd Jan 2023 6:31pm
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
If you turn off stop/start then the car doesn’t shut off when you open the door. It bongs that the door is open but I’ve not found a way to avoid that yet. Opening the door with the car in drive puts it into park, but you can put it back into drive/reverse again and it will let you drive with the door open.

That’s nanny state regulation, because some idiots have run themselves over with their own cars. Probably in the US.
Post #979256 22nd Jan 2023 7:22pm
Gravygraham

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Ha ha, that’s one of the things I love about my old Defenders - they treat you like a responsible adult! Like Retroanaconda mentions, it’s the arse-wiping nanny state poking their nose in where it’s not welcome.
Post #979263 22nd Jan 2023 8:01pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
There's a fair number of videos on Youtube of people doing just that. Gets out of their car for various reasons and it runs over them.

l imagine that's why the safety systems are in place, so it's more difficult make the kind of mistake that could cause injury or worse.
Post #979264 22nd Jan 2023 8:02pm
nowrxo

Gravygraham wrote:
Ha ha, that’s one of the things I love about my old Defenders - they treat you like a responsible adult! Like Retroanaconda mentions, it’s the arse-wiping nanny state poking their nose in where it’s not welcome.

You should write and complain to the Daily Mail. You'd fit right in on their letters page.
Post #979278 22nd Jan 2023 8:57pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
lightning wrote:
Why would you need to turn it off? Mine only goes off if l start driving without the seat belt on, which you wouldn't do anyway.

When I'm driving through the forest at no more than 10mph and I have to stop every 5 minutes to open a gate it gets a bit annoying. In no way was I suggesting that I want to turn it off as I want to drive on public roads without my seatbelt on Confused Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #979283 22nd Jan 2023 9:34pm
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Just plug the seatbelt in before getting in? Always seems to work fine for me going around the farm. Then put it on properly like a normal human being when I’m driving on the road. https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #979286 22nd Jan 2023 10:06pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
I guess if driving off road, on a farm etc you could just get a spare seat belt buckle and put it in to stop the chime.

Personally l find the "door open" bong more annoying.

As mentioned above
One good thing about my old Defender. No beeps, buzzers or bongs

Left the lights on? Tough, you should have checked. Door not properly closed? You'll only do it once. Seat belt not on? Up to you.
Post #979292 22nd Jan 2023 10:54pm
BruceT

South Africa 
lightning wrote:

You would do in some situations, like:

- when in the bush/game parks etc I sometimes dont wear the seat belt.
- When opening and closing gates or moving the vehicle I dont want to have to put the seatbelt on and then take it off again 10m later.
- when hooking up a trailer I dont want to have to put the seatbelt on when reversing to the trailer and then take it off again to make sure the trailer is connected properly and to connect the plugs
- when crossing a river (some are a few hundred meters wide) I dont like having the seat belt on

Scenario sometimes goes like this: stop at gate, put gearbox into neutral, remove seat belt - bong bong bong, open door, different bong bong bong to say door is open and vehicle is running, door doesn't close quite properly, bong bong bong, then reclose door to stop the bong bong bong so it doesn't irritate people in vehicle, open gate, open door, bong bong bong, close door and drive forward different bong bong bong for seat belt, open door, bong bong bong changes again to say vehicle is running, slam door to make sure the bongs stop, climb in, bong bong bong for seat belt when selecting drive, put seat belt on to drive 100m to stop the bong!

Hence the question and wanting to turn it off. "Overlanding With Bruce" - Youtube https://www.youtube.com/@OverlandingwithBruce
11MY Defender 130

Post #979318 23rd Jan 2023 8:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>