↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Mud Centre Console + Carling Switches + Double DIN
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Craig772

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
Mud Centre Console + Carling Switches + Double DIN
Getting there with my MUD centre console. I'd previously done a temporary installation but had it out over January to progress it further.

Relocated the rear fog switch, rear washer wiper and hazards. Installed the rear worklight and front floodlight switches. I currently have a fog light switch installed but will likely swap the cover for DRL.

I haven't yet moved the rear demist switch as it doesn't work anyway. I'll do that after I replace the rear door and will likely place it where the rectangular USB outlet is and install a second circular USB outlet.

I haven't bothered with the headlamp levellers. They don't work, or at least appear not to from inside the cab and I don't think they add much value. Certainly with LED headlamps I don't feel the need to adjust them and haven't been flashed by oncoming vehicles when towing.

The two red covers are for toggle switches that prevent the light bar (when installed) being accidently switched on, same for the rear worklights (which are installed). You have to have the toggle switch on and the relevant other switch. It might get too faffy but for now I like the James Bond approach.

There's a loom that runs into the battery area carrying an ignition line and lines for relay triggers (with spares). Next job is to install the accessory fusebox and relays into the battery area.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 https://www.instagram.com/roxi_defender90/
Post #1024462 12th Feb 2024 12:10pm
L110CDL

England 
Good bit of work going on there Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1024546 12th Feb 2024 9:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1