↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > IOS5 Any Updating ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
willy eckerslike

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Keswick Green
This is the best holder Whistle

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/15045.html Original Member Pie n Pea Club.
110 HCPU Tipper
Post #94055 13th Oct 2011 6:26pm
Ads90

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Keswick Green
I did see the Oxygen unit mentioned on a previous thread, Willy - it looks great, but I haven't got £200 to drop on a new head unit, especially unjustifiable as the one I've already got is quite good (Bluetooth, iPod ready etc).
I'll be keeping an eye out for these type of head units in the future though - I imagine there will be some mainstream manufacturers getting in on the act.
Future phone compatibility would be a concern though.

On that Brodit (sorry, I know it's tedious), it says ''Adjustable holder. Fits devices with skin (NOT for Apple original Bumper).'' My case is a bit like a bumper: http://www.elementcase.com/ION-4-Black-w-C...0-kf00.htm
Do you think it will fit? Or do you think it's too thick?
Not a major issue if not - I chose a stretchy type of case, so it would be quick to take off to put in docks etc...
Plus, for landscape orientation there is one with a clip at the top to stop it sliding out around corners, it may be that this would not clip-over with my case on anyway, so I'd need to remove it - what do you reckon?

Also, why would you get a 'passive' mount over a 'pass through' - I know what the difference is (cable attachment), but what are the pros/cons?

I met up with Pom & Farmer Giles a couple of weeks back, as they were laning through our village - was good to meet fellow sufferers outside of the asylum. Sadly there was no time for beers, but it'd be great to have a pub meet sometime, say on a Sunday lunchtime, pub on a hill with a view? You north or south Cotswolds James?
Post #94073 13th Oct 2011 7:31pm
warren

England 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black
Im just getting a 4S tomorrow - saves my bandwidth and fits of rage infront of the laptop Whistle
Post #94089 13th Oct 2011 8:16pm
XS Pete

England 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Updated my Pad tonight. All downloaded, installed and updated first time with no isses at all.
Do I win a prize?

Pete
Post #94105 13th Oct 2011 9:29pm
Alive Tuning

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
I eventually managed to do the update on my iPhone 4, which went well apart from half the music and albumn covers have gone. Shocked

Just trying to update the iPad now, and it's as bad as the iPhone was last night. Rolling Eyes
Post #94109 13th Oct 2011 9:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
warren

England 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black
Are you using the latest version of iTunes? I've heard a few people have updated to iOS5 but not used the latest version of iTunes, causing various issues.

I hate iTunes... It throws a strop if I try and sync my iPhone or iPod whilst I have Winamp open by deleting everything off whatever it's attempting to sync Evil or Very Mad
Post #94125 13th Oct 2011 11:11pm
szracer

England 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Think the problem (at least from my experience, is that because not all cases are the same size, although the width can be adjusted on the mount that I showed, those holders with a clip on the top can't be adjusted length-ways (if that makes sense) so the clip doesn't fit over a case.

If there is a holder with adjustable mount with pass-through, I would have probably gone for that. However, it only takes me two seconds to plug in the cable.

What I do find, is that with any sort of rubberised case (mine is a hard shell type with very thin rubberised coating), there is enough friction to stop the iphone falling out in landscape mode, unless you're doing serious off-roading! Remember to turn off the 'shake to shuffle' feature on music apps, though - It'd drive you mad in a Landy!

I'm in North Cotswolds, near Chipping Campden, and work in Stow and Cheltenham.

Ads90 wrote:
On that Brodit (sorry, I know it's tedious), it says ''Adjustable holder. Fits devices with skin (NOT for Apple original Bumper).'' My case is a bit like a bumper: http://www.elementcase.com/ION-4-Black-w-C...0-kf00.htm
Do you think it will fit? Or do you think it's too thick?
Not a major issue if not - I chose a stretchy type of case, so it would be quick to take off to put in docks etc...
Plus, for landscape orientation there is one with a clip at the top to stop it sliding out around corners, it may be that this would not clip-over with my case on anyway, so I'd need to remove it - what do you reckon?

Also, why would you get a 'passive' mount over a 'pass through' - I know what the difference is (cable attachment), but what are the pros/cons?

I met up with Pom & Farmer Giles a couple of weeks back, as they were laning through our village - was good to meet fellow sufferers outside of the asylum. Sadly there was no time for beers, but it'd be great to have a pub meet sometime, say on a Sunday lunchtime, pub on a hill with a view? You north or south Cotswolds James?

2010 110 XS USW (the slow one)
1960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta SZ (the fast one)
2005 Ducati ST3
1954 Sunbeam S8
Post #94179 14th Oct 2011 9:36am
Ads90

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Keswick Green
Ok, thanks James I'll have another look at those mounts, and take the plunge.
My phone arrived first thing this morning - still waiting for the sim to register though. Rolling Eyes
It's a lovely bit of kit, though I already know I am going to miss the 'chuckability' of my old battered Nokia!

I'm just outside Stow, so we're all in the same area.
Do you know The Mount at Stanton? Could be a good place for a Sunday afternoon meet.
Post #94211 14th Oct 2011 1:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12