↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My New Defender (L663) > A slightly different story to most….
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
eakae

United Kingdom 
A slightly different story to most….
Hello all, I’m new to this forum but know a few of you from other forums. I picked up my new Defender at the end of November. As the title suggests my story will be slightly different from most on here as I never actually ordered my Defender….

Back in October the family and me took a Defender for a test drive. Even though I loved it the rest of the family weren’t as impressed and wanted to keep our old car. I thought I had lost that particular battle. However, a couple of weeks later the dealership called me and explained that someone who had ordered a Defender a while back could no longer take delivery and therefore asked if I was interested in having it. After much discussion at home I decided to go for it. If truth be known it wasn’t the most popular of outcomes.

Having picked it up I realised the PPF on the CE is only applied to the grey panels and not the gloss black panels. Given the front looks as if it would be prone to stone chips, I had a detailer apply clear PPF to the gloss black panels so it is now all protected.

Given it’s the silly season, I haven’t had much of a chance to drive it but my initial impressions are very positive. I’ve yet to convince the rest of the household but think the car will really shine when we go for a trip to the Alps…

Apologies for the long intro. Look forward to sharing experiences (good and bad!) on the forum.

Now a few photos for your patience…

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #975947 29th Dec 2022 10:55am
Leamreject

Italy 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Fuji White
Looks superb! Welcome to the group Thumbs Up Ride like you stole it!!
If I’m not on a bike it’s because only a 4x4 will do…
2011 2.4 Puma 90 HT
Post #975950 29th Dec 2022 11:30am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Moo

Ukraine 
Nice. Thumbs Up

My family were the other way round! After 3 D3/4 I decided on a change and as we'd sold our French home I thought we wouldn't be doing the big road trips we'd been doing for 20+ years. With that in mind I bought a new XC90 in December 2020.

The XC90 was a fantastic car, beautifully built, super comfy, great ergonomics, reliable with an excellent dealer. It did 90% of what the D4 did. I really liked it but it was so good it was soulless and the family never bought into it. They wanted me to sell the Volvo and get a D4 or Defender. I only bought my Defender after going to test drive a 2016 D4 at a dealer. Sadly the D4 just felt old after the Volvo.

Long story short, ordered the Defender, delivery was March / April 2023 but was brought forward to October this year. Like many others, its missing bits, has thrown a few faults up and the dealer service is shocking (not Bath), such I have begun legal action for money they owe me, damage to my roof and other things that were missed in the PDI.

Having said that, I've been to Milan twice since I got it and its been great. Its not as practical as a D4 though, which is something I miss. My daughters love it and they've both started taking it off road on the green lanes around us and Salisbury plain so I might get some protective film applied to it.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #975957 29th Dec 2022 11:50am
eakae

United Kingdom 
Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear your experience at the dealership has been awful. In truth the guys I’ve dealt with have been brilliant.

Really interesting to hear about your experience with the XC90. Friends that have owned it haven’t found it to be that reliable. Small glitches and the odd thing falling off but nothing serious more frustrating. Hearing their stories put me off considering that car.

Love the picture with all 3 Defenders! Well done… Thumbs Up
Post #975961 29th Dec 2022 12:52pm
eakae

United Kingdom 
Leamreject wrote:
Looks superb! Welcome to the group Thumbs Up

Thank you!
Post #975962 29th Dec 2022 12:53pm
J77

Scotland 
It looks good, I’m sure the family will come around to your way of thinking. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #975984 29th Dec 2022 5:00pm
Dicky1961

England 
Great looking car, the family will soon fall in love with it. Thumbs Up
Post #976010 29th Dec 2022 9:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1