↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Which options do you wish you had ticked?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
Which options do you wish you had ticked?
I’ve ordered my build and not ticked many options, just the matrix headlights, leather faced seats and side steps on my SE Hardtop. For those that are living with their new defenders, what are the options you couldn’t live without, or wish that you had ticked?
Post #975528 23rd Dec 2022 7:09am
Moo

Ukraine 
The different dealer option! Twisted Evil
Post #975544 23rd Dec 2022 9:36am
Carpathian Diem

United Kingdom 
"V8"
Post #975559 23rd Dec 2022 11:15am
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Guaranteed delivery slot
Dealer communication

Very happy with the final outcome..... BMW/Volvo combo

Last edited by pjm-84 on 23rd Dec 2022 11:28am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #975560 23rd Dec 2022 11:27am
XplusYplusZ

My order was properly Censored up as we went from a MY23 configuration to a MY23.5 configuration.

I'm glad I have the air suspension (it's been useful in several carparks already.
I was more than happy to get the meridian stereo and DRLs as standard.

The XDynamic robustec seats are dissappointing. 2000 miles and already starting to show some age. If you can, go for the full leather seats. I also found the half mechanical seats without lumbar and bolster adjustment are a little bit less comfortable than the old MY23 seats. So for sure, take a close look at seating and make sure you know what you're getting.

The Non-leather interior soft touch stuff is also dissappointing. Again, leather would be much more hard wearing. Full windsor leather was way too expensive for my budget, so it wasn't an option.

Wireless phone charger - I didn't think i'd want it, but the cable situation in my car is not great - the centre console ports mean the cables spill out into that strange void and it's pretty messy looking.

The all terrain tyres are good with minimal downsides - glad i optioned them - especially in the ice and snow.

Pano roof... Personal preference. It is lovely, but i didn't option it. So my car with the ebony headlining it is very dark in the depths of the 3rd row. But I simply don't trust the LR seals. Less was more in my choice there.

I dont really like my shiny sideskirts in the x-dynamic pack. I think i'd have prefered the tougher looking plastic ones. But I can live with it.

I do wish i'd gone for the rear diff for peace of mind, but I am rarely going to be testing my car to those sorts of limits and the electronics are so good, they should be able to get me out of most scrapes.

Headlights are pretty crappy in some lighting situations. The Matrix lights were great when i tested them.
Post #975561 23rd Dec 2022 11:27am
lrsg

United Kingdom 
If we are talking hardware, I would say front undershield plate and rear recovery loops. Should really be standard on any Defender. Not sure they were available separately when I placed the order, may only have been part of an accessory pack. A bit of a hassle and comparatively expensive to retrofit. As to software options, there are at least a couple of vendors here in the UK who offer activations for reasonable prices, so no regrets there.
Post #975568 23rd Dec 2022 11:44am
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
The proper fixed towbar is the one I regret not getting, as the removeable one is not as good. It’s quite expensive to have fitted after the initial order so I’ll have to buy the parts and fit myself.
Post #975587 23rd Dec 2022 2:17pm
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
Great info gents, keep it coming!
Post #975594 23rd Dec 2022 4:00pm
J77

Scotland 
My 90, possibly air suspension, coils were good but would’ve made access easier.

This 110 I have was a showroom model but it’s standard XS, it has maybe too much on it that I don’t use. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #975605 23rd Dec 2022 6:16pm
J77

Scotland 
lrsg wrote:
If we are talking hardware, I would say front undershield plate and rear recovery loops. Should really be standard on any Defender. Not sure they were available separately when I placed the order, may only have been part of an accessory pack. A bit of a hassle and comparatively expensive to retrofit. As to software options, there are at least a couple of vendors here in the UK who offer activations for reasonable prices, so no regrets there.

The recovery loop’s reasonably cheap to buy (for a Land Rover) think it was £250 for my dealer to fit them. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #975606 23rd Dec 2022 6:18pm
lrsg

United Kingdom 
Yes, it is by no means ruinously expensive to fit, I’ve had it done too. But in retrospect, it would have been easier and cheaper to have had it added from the factory. That is supposed to be possible now, although I don’t think it was an option when I ordered, only as part of an offroad accessory pack.
Post #975617 23rd Dec 2022 8:15pm
WizzardPrang

England 
The front undershield but I had to stop somewhere. The rear tow hooks weren't an option when I bought mine back in 2020. Current vehicle: 2020 Defender 110S
Gone: Defender 90 HT 200Tdi, Discovery Sport, Freelander 2

Insta: wizzardprang
Post #975633 24th Dec 2022 12:34am
LR Nuts

Which options do you wish you had ticked?

Not to purchase a second user vehicle, from that main dealer !!
Post #975640 24th Dec 2022 11:25am
lightning

United Kingdom 
l went through the options many times when ordering and ticked everything l wanted, within my budget.

However
Air suspension possibly, although my 90 Commercial rides fine on the coil springs.

And l think there was an option for "enhanced cabin lighting" which would have been nice as the standard interior lights aren't that good when trying to do paperwork at night.
Post #975655 24th Dec 2022 3:26pm
Fifer

J77 wrote:
My 90, possibly air suspension, coils were good but would’ve made access easier.

This 110 I have was a showroom model but it’s standard XS, it has maybe too much on it that I don’t use.

Interesting. I’m look at an 90 XS now. What do you not use? I thought the XS was the sweet spot when it comes to value.
Post #975671 24th Dec 2022 5:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>