↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My New Defender (L663) > 5000km in and still in love with my 110.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Leeds Utd

Germany 
5000km in and still in love with my 110.
So I have had my XS for 6 months and have done 5000Km and it has been a dream, no issues and no faults.
The car is a dream to drive on short or long journeys and now we have snow even more fun. I took the vehicle over to the Uk to see some friends and had some activations done by Mo from JR Retrofits.
He is a great guy and gave 100% service and support and changed his day to suit my timing on the way over to the UK. All of these are working well with no issues.
The Drive over took 10 hours and with a fully loaded car it was perfect, and when we arrived it didn’t feel like you had been sat in a car for so long.
Fuel usage has been very good for such a big car. 8.7ltr per 100km since the start, but got 7.9 on the drive over from Germany to the UK, most of my trips are 20 to 30km up and down hills so I am very happy.

The only downside to owing this vehicle, was the ordering and 1 year wait (and 3 changes in order) only for the vehicle not to be built or delivered, but now I have one all of that is forgotten.

XS D250 110 with all options
All sliver parts painted Black
Hood in Black
22in Alloys
Large screen
Towing pack
Orange brake callipers
Ceramic coated

Activations
Adaptive Cruise
Dynamic mode

Last edited by Leeds Utd on 6th Dec 2022 1:03pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #973564 6th Dec 2022 8:44am
Moo

Ukraine 
That's good to hear. I've had mine 5 weeks done 5500km, including a trip to Milan, and its had its issues! Rolling Eyes I'm also back to typical poor LR dealer service Twisted Evil . Having run a Volvo XC90 for 45000km faultless miles over the last two years and seen what excellent dealer service is, why I went back to LR is beyond me. Rolling Eyes

Other than that its a nice car, but I miss the practicality and space of my D3/4.
Post #973576 6th Dec 2022 9:43am
haymeister

Japan 
Great to hear Leeds Utd. I just ticked over 15,000km yesterday and it has been a joy.
Sorry to hear all the issues that you have experienced Moo... I have been very fortunate with my ownership.

The engine has also loosened up nicely. Frequent 50km/30+ mile trips with an efficiency of 14km/l or 40mpg old money with aircon etc. at a steady motorway cruise. Remarkable to say the least.

In 2 weeks I will get my overhead console light switch finally installed (chip issues), and a 1 year service (not-standard... but the dealer recommended. I can't believe doing your 1st service after 2 years/34,000 km?!) 22MY Defender 110 D300 S in Pangea Green and Contrast White Roof
IG defender_japan "Hulk san"
Post #973595 6th Dec 2022 11:37am
Leeds Utd

Germany 
Moo wrote:
That's good to hear. I've had mine 5 weeks done 5500km, including a trip to Milan, and its had its issues! Rolling Eyes I'm also back to typical poor LR dealer service Twisted Evil . Having run a Volvo XC90 for 45000km faultless miles over the last two years and seen what excellent dealer service is, why I went back to LR is beyond me. Rolling Eyes

Other than that its a nice car, but I miss the practicality and space of my D3/4.

It is a real pity about the customer service at LR. Like you I had a Volvo before and the service was second to none.
Post #973607 6th Dec 2022 1:05pm
Leeds Utd

Germany 
haymeister wrote:
Great to hear Leeds Utd. I just ticked over 15,000km yesterday and it has been a joy.
Sorry to hear all the issues that you have experienced Moo... I have been very fortunate with my ownership.

The engine has also loosened up nicely. Frequent 50km/30+ mile trips with an efficiency of 14km/l or 40mpg old money with aircon etc. at a steady motorway cruise. Remarkable to say the least.

In 2 weeks I will get my overhead console light switch finally installed (chip issues), and a 1 year service (not-standard... but the dealer recommended. I can't believe doing your 1st service after 2 years/34,000 km?!)

Hi Haymeister, great that you have had no real issues too, it seems like there has been some improvement in LR quality issues, (some of my old LRs, spent more time in the garage then they did on the road)
Post #973609 6th Dec 2022 1:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1