↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Webasto Thermo Top C under wing installation in Puma
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
cobs

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Cairns Blue
Quote:
i've put them on my gallery james

Thanks for posting these - prompted me to go and have a look at mine - seems quite a tight fit - paulgrs2 - do you have any pics of the install itself, presume you had to take the outer wing off to fit?
Post #106439 12th Dec 2011 7:50pm
paulgrs2

United Kingdom 1988 Defender 110 200 Tdi PU Baltic Blue
We did take pictures throughout the install but to be honest they don`t really show anything apart from the pictures I posted on facebook.

Nope the outer wing dont need to come off, just the wing to bulkhead bolts removed. The wing and bulkhead has been fitted with heat protective insulation which works a treat, 40 mins of running and the outer wing barely got warm.

We fueled the unit by fitting an adaptor to the fuel filler pipe which had a 3mm tube in it which extended into the fuel tank, just stopping before making contact with the tank base. A small slit was made in this pipe 2 inches up the pipe to prevent the webasto totally draining the fuel tank (saved dropping the tank etc).

Last edited by paulgrs2 on 12th Dec 2011 8:14pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #106447 12th Dec 2011 8:04pm
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
paulgrs2 wrote:
We did take pictures throughout the install but to be honest they don`t really show anything apart from the pictures I posted on facebook.

Nope the outer wing dont need to come off, just the wing to bulkhead bolts removed. The wing and bulkhead has been fitted with heat protective insulation which works a treat, 40 mins of running and the outer wing barely got warm.

so you pulled the wing away from the bulkhead ?

also whats the screw doing in the top of the wing?
Post #106450 12th Dec 2011 8:11pm
paulgrs2

United Kingdom 1988 Defender 110 200 Tdi PU Baltic Blue
T1G UP wrote:
paulgrs2 wrote:

so you pulled the wing away from the bulkhead ?

also whats the screw doing in the top of the wing?

not as such, the wing barely needs to come away from its original postion, very fiddley yes but with care and patience the unit was fed in.

That screw/rivnut is for the chequerplate wingtops. Pic in gallery of unit in position.
Post #106452 12th Dec 2011 8:18pm
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
great set of documents Cobs - a technical author by trade ?

Mine's a LHD so there's a bit more flexability but installing it looks like a weekends work.

I wonder if a file share area would be possible for members to upload docs to share ?
Post #106464 12th Dec 2011 8:36pm
cobs

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Cairns Blue
no not a technical author and yes struggled uploading stuff - it usually timed out which was v frustrating. I'd seen a lot of stuff about Webastos but nothing particularly Puma specific so thought I'd have a go.

I like the idea of the inner wing solution - is much better than the driver's side from the perspective of routing the heater hoses. I looked at mounting it behind the headlight on the passenger side but got thwarted by the windcreen washer tank - must confess never though about moving it further back towards the bulkhead.
Post #106469 12th Dec 2011 8:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12