↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Lead Time… postponed 😣
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Clemmo

England 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Lead Time… postponed 😣
Last September I ordered a 90 HT… I’ve had a variety of JLR products over the last 30 years.
Deposit paid and fully understood 9-12mnths delivery
12 weeks ago told by dealer not definite but “ system “ shows delivery to dealer mid September.

Now told won’t be 2022.. hopefully inside first 6 months of 2023 but no guarantees.
I’m not gutted as was always dubious.
I do feel dealer and JLR don’t give a damn.
Any complaints and I’m quickly offered my deposit back..quoting economic climate, chip shortages and and…
Can JLR really expect to treat us customers with such disregard and maintain our future business.?

I visited BMW dealer today and was given clear options and delivery dates on a variety of models. Nothing more than 16 weeks in the future.

I’m thinking my allegiance to the LR brand is fast seeping away.
And they fist won’t notice or care Big Cry

Clemmo Thumbs Up Make today a little better than yesterday but not so good as tomorrow....
Defender 90 HT............Pangea Green
BMW X3 Msport............Carbon Black
Mini Electric................Grey. (wow!)
MGB Roadster……..........Vermillion
Honda Benly CD200....Maroon ------------- Chausson 98.........7.5m of fun
Post #965957 25th Sep 2022 6:28pm
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
"Can JLR really expect to treat us customers with such disregard and maintain our future business.?"

The answers are: yes.... and yes.

As my old Granny used to say about criminals and what she'd non-PC describe as "nutters": "There's more out than in"

And that applies to those who'll fall over themselves to get their hands on a Defender at any price, any spec, any delivery date...

Peter

p.s. I'm not anti-JLR, my Puma fulfils my needs like no other single vehicle can do, but it would nowadays work out cheaper to buy a van for my load-carrying AND a small car for town...
Post #965995 26th Sep 2022 11:08am
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
I got my Defender 90 HT back in March. Put an order in for another straight away on the advice from the dealer that mine wouldn't lose any value in the time it takes for the second to arrive. Got an email last week to say it's being built in October. There really doesn't appear to be any logic to lead times with JLR. https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #966005 26th Sep 2022 12:56pm
peanutbob

United Kingdom 
I got my 110 300d Aug 2021 and placed another order a month later for del Jan 23. Then informed a month ago it was due for Nov build, so on time. But then advised that my order was unslotted and build next year tba, at additional £5k cost.
But if I wanted the 75th Anniversary edition at additional £15k base price cost Jan build no problem.
I’m going to request the deposit refund.
Post #966017 26th Sep 2022 4:54pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
My 90 HT order has been brought forward and now it's due in November

After a lot of messing about with finances and going through options l am not going to be able to go ahead with the purchase. lf you want a 90 HT this November, mine is available.

lt's on order from Sytner Land Rover. I've paid a deposit but will get that back from them, you'd just take over the order and pay the list price of the vehicle to Sytner Land Rover.

l don't know where in the country you are but it's the Stockport branch, l am sure it could be delivered to another branch nearer to you if necessary when it arrives with them.

lt's £54,240

Has the light blue paint
Front fog lights
Centre console
Solar reflective windscreen
Detachable tow bar
Option pack with the leather heated steering wheel

l think that's it for options fitted. lf you're interested l will give you the contact details for the salesman and you can call them.
Post #966043 27th Sep 2022 8:17am
J77

Scotland 
That’s a shame, seems a nice spec. Pretty sure someone will take it off your hands. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #966049 27th Sep 2022 9:05am
walfy

Re: Lead Time… postponed 😣
Clemmo wrote:
Last September I ordered a 90 HT… I’ve had a variety of JLR products over the last 30 years.
Deposit paid and fully understood 9-12mnths delivery
12 weeks ago told by dealer not definite but “ system “ shows delivery to dealer mid September.

Now told won’t be 2022.. hopefully inside first 6 months of 2023 but no guarantees.
I’m not gutted as was always dubious.
I do feel dealer and JLR don’t give a damn.
Any complaints and I’m quickly offered my deposit back..quoting economic climate, chip shortages and and…
Can JLR really expect to treat us customers with such disregard and maintain our future business.?

I visited BMW dealer today and was given clear options and delivery dates on a variety of models. Nothing more than 16 weeks in the future.

I’m thinking my allegiance to the LR brand is fast seeping away.
And they fist won’t notice or care Big Cry

Clemmo Thumbs Up

Like you I ordered and paid a deposit on Sept 1st 2021. Had a delivery date of Jan 14th 2022, deslotted, reordered as 23MY, Cancelled and reordered as 23.5MY. Hhad collection date of Dec 23rd. Recently had a call from dealer to say now deslotted and expected delivery is now Feb 23. 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #966058 27th Sep 2022 11:06am
J77

Scotland 
Im glad I took the one in my dealers showroom, as far as I’m aware the one I ordered is still waiting for a build date. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #966063 27th Sep 2022 11:51am
walfy

I can't find any 110 hard tops in anything close to my spec at a sensible price though. Can find a few with the 4 pot engine, but I want the 6 pot. Some might say thats wrong etc but the fact that LR stopped the 4 pot after 12 months says a lot to me. It's probably a nice engine but the fact it was discontinued in the UK speaks volumes. Why did LR stop it in this market? Why not keep it and offer both engines? Or why not bring the 6 pot engine out earlier? 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #966068 27th Sep 2022 12:16pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
Shame it's a 110 you need, as my 90 is a nice spec at list price.
Post #966075 27th Sep 2022 1:17pm
walfy

I also have 6% discount so my options are basically free. 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #966077 27th Sep 2022 1:19pm
Trentster

United Kingdom 
Lightning won't Sytner Stockport have a long waiting of customers who they'd just sell your 90 HT on to the first person that wants it once you cancel your order?
Post #966091 27th Sep 2022 4:58pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
Possibly but l was offering it on here in case anyone wanted it.

l spoke to Sytner today and they are fine with me "introducing" a new buyer for the vehicle. The issue is, they are trying to backtrack on returning my deposit because apparently Land Rover now fine the dealer £1,000 for every customer who cancels their order.

This is (they say) to stop dealers putting in ghost orders. l contacted another dealer (not Sytner) and they confirmed this is now the case.

When l ordered the Defender l was promised that the deposit was refundable right up to the day of delivery.

l was hoping that if l introduced a new buyer, l would get back my deposit more easily. However Sytner say that Land Rover will still fine them for a "name change on the order"

I emailed Land Rover customer services about this, commenting that it wasn't the dealers fault if a customer cancelled.
They never responded.

They responded quickly the week before when l asked if l could change the specification, both by email and telephone, even apologised for the 24 hour delay in replying to my query.
Post #966106 27th Sep 2022 7:31pm
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
"When l ordered the Defender l was promised that the deposit was refundable right up to the day of delivery"

"Promised", or was that what was written in the Sales Contract?

Peter
Post #966116 27th Sep 2022 8:38pm
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
I didn't put a deposit down on either of mine and the dealer told me if it arrived and I didn't want it, they'd be able to shift it easily. https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #966153 28th Sep 2022 9:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>