↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Cable access door lock/electric window into A pillar
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Moles

United Kingdom 
Cable access door lock/electric window into A pillar
Anyone had the dash apart enough to give me a hint of the cable path of the electric windows wires into the A pillar and up to the window switch?
I want to route something along a similar path, and I'm not sure how much to dismantle to access the recess where the cables enter the A pillar.

Cheers,

Moles.
Post #613986 2nd Apr 2017 1:35pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
step by step guide to fitting electric windows to a Defender with lots of Photos will guide you every step of the way...

Just follow the instructions in the link and you will not have any difficulty in fitting

http://issuu.com/mobilecentre/docs/lrm_electric_windows

You cannot run the door loom into the back of the dash from the A pillars inside the cab. You have to do so from the other side of the bulkhead. From the engine bulkhead right in the top corners at the side of the wings you will find on each side a small square hole, you just need to feed the electric window wiring looms through the A pillars inside the cab where there are similar holes just under the door retainer, using a fish wire, and then out through the bulkhead square holes and into the dash using the loom grommets on the bulkhead.

The drivers side square hole in the bulkhead is quite easy to get at but the passenger side is a sod owing to the heater being there, so you are working blind on that one. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #614015 2nd Apr 2017 3:35pm
dorsetsmith

Click image to enlarge

from engine bay and down A pillar
Post #614017 2nd Apr 2017 3:39pm
MattHerts

Hi Gilarion,
I've been wondering for a week now how to get the inner door card off with an electric window stuck in the closed position. Just found the link you posted back in 2017. Much appreciated.

And you too Moles,
The wiring from A pillar back to switch (tested lots of times and getting either a healthy .2 ohm reading or no continuity at all from the red wire so I think I know who the suspect is...) Can't see the pic you posted but that's prob cos Im working off a dinosaur PC, will try with my son's laptop.

It's got to be one or the other and it's blimmin hot with the window stuck shut atm!

Thanks very much both of you
Post #962294 19th Aug 2022 10:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1