↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Electric window and central locking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Hardingf

United Kingdom 
Electric window and central locking
I am looking to put both of these on my 2015 Puma defender. Can anybody tell me where I actually wire them in once i go through the door as I cant seem to find out anywhere.
I also cant read wire maps
Post #960860 6th Aug 2022 10:11pm
Gasket

Later Pumas tended to have the wiring for CL and EW fitted as standard. It’s just the door looms and parts that weren’t fitted to the base models.

Look in your front door pillars for a set of loose multiplugs. Same in the rear behind the lamp cover.

If the plugs are there it’s just a case of buying the various parts (find the part numbers on the LRWorkshop website or look for some old posts - I’ve posted about it before) and a set of door looms and you’re away.

If they aren’t there, then check your green ECU to see if the wires are in the plugs (search the forum for photos). If nothing then you’d need an overlay loom - Martin came make them and Pace also list them on their site. You may also need to remove and send off your ECU to have the relays fitted - again I don’t think this would be necessary on such a late model.

The alternative is to buy aftermarket - in which case RDX/Boltonbits sell them on eBay.
Post #960868 6th Aug 2022 11:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1