↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > mini car - big price
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
mini car - big price
anyone know where to get a little plastic wheel arch trim for sensible money - ie not;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202374179046?fi...ondition=3

Big Cry
Post #960498 4th Aug 2022 11:19am
Caterham

no sure why the huge price difference but think I've found the answer;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201966624990?fi...ondition=3
Post #960504 4th Aug 2022 12:12pm
kenzle8a

The 1st link is for the Gen 3 mini (F56)

The second link is for the Gen 1 mini (R50/52/53)

Unlike some of the Gen 1 - 2 parts theres no cross over parts with Gen 3 from the earlier ones. Its like Defender vs New Defender in terms of how they have changed.
Post #960506 4th Aug 2022 12:36pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Caterham wrote:
no sure why the huge price difference but think I've found the answer;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201966624990?fi...ondition=3

I made the nissan juke arches, and they cost peanuts to make. Shame that you don't own a juke, i may been able to have gotten you an arch for the price of postage! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #960523 4th Aug 2022 2:30pm
Caterham

the cost difference between gen 1/2 and 3 seems ridiculous and in no way reflects the manufacture cost.

Procta - ever thought about making mini wheel trims rather than Juke bits Rolling with laughter

thanks Thumbs Up

even though the gen 1/2 parts are half the price there's still silly money for what they are Crying or Very sad
Post #960551 4th Aug 2022 4:59pm
kenzle8a

Thats why I use a good breaker for when I need bits for my R50

Kent Mini Spares (ebay), Mini Jagland (ebay) and MJR / Mini Matt are always good, as is Millsys Autos in Nunetaon
Post #960553 4th Aug 2022 5:06pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Caterham wrote:
the cost difference between gen 1/2 and 3 seems ridiculous and in no way reflects the manufacture cost.

Procta - ever thought about making mini wheel trims rather than Juke bits Rolling with laughter

thanks Thumbs Up

even though the gen 1/2 parts are half the price there's still silly money for what they are Crying or Very sad

Where i work the mount of crap that has been sent to Renault, Honda, BMW, Toyota and Nissan, is eye watering. As soon as Honda ended the previous version of the civic, they took their tools and told the company to do one. BMW has been very rocky, and its questionable if they will give them new work, even though there is talk. The bright work they couldn't get right for Toyota and they ended up passing it back to them. Renaults told them where to go now, after the farce with the parts, that have been made. One point they actually came in and did a inspection of all the Renault bright work. They were not impressed at all. Nissan only puts up with it, because their cars are just flung together and not arsed about their quality as much. But they have kicked off a few times in the past, after the lines have been parked, and someone higher up has a had a walk on the floor and spotted the bad quality. So i don't think you want any of my parts Laughing Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #960571 4th Aug 2022 7:17pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
lord-haggis wrote:

Kent Mini Spares (ebay), Mini Jagland (ebay) and MJR / Mini Matt are always good, as is Millsys Autos in Nunetaon

best thing, because the service parts, as its called in the game, are not to the best of quality, they just send crap. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #960572 4th Aug 2022 7:18pm
Caterham

Shocked
yeah - might be best you stick to Nissan and I'll get my hugely overpriced bits from elsewhere Rolling with laughter

lord-haggis - many thanks for the info. I'll give them a try. Thumbs Up

Last edited by Caterham on 5th Aug 2022 1:17pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #960574 4th Aug 2022 7:23pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
if all comes down to you buying a new part, Caterham. i strongly check it over for its quality for that kind of money Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #960588 4th Aug 2022 9:39pm
kenzle8a

Caterham wrote:
Shocked
yeah - might be best you stick to Nissan and I'll my hugely overpriced bits from elsewhere Rolling with laughter

lord-haggis - many thanks for the info. I'll give them a try. Thumbs Up

Much like the Land Rover the better OEM parts are lemforder or dephli or FAG and corteco
Post #960597 4th Aug 2022 10:44pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
lord-haggis i noticed this too, The thing is the cheaper companies don't care, all they say its a service part and that's it. Quality can go out of the window to a certain point, the flaws i have see in my replacement dash is un real. I have had to clue the part too, due to the area been weak, due to a sink in the part.
Thing is they will get away until someone starts having ago and tell them, take sodding pride in your quality. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #960601 5th Aug 2022 2:16am
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
Procta wrote:
Where i work the mount of crap that has been sent to Renault, Honda, BMW, Toyota and Nissan, is eye watering. As soon as Honda ended the previous version of the civic, they took their tools and told the company to do one. BMW has been very rocky, and its questionable if they will give them new work, even though there is talk. The bright work they couldn't get right for Toyota and they ended up passing it back to them. Renaults told them where to go now, after the farce with the parts, that have been made. One point they actually came in and did a inspection of all the Renault bright work. They were not impressed at all. Nissan only puts up with it, because their cars are just flung together and not arsed about their quality as much. But they have kicked off a few times in the past, after the lines have been parked, and someone higher up has a had a walk on the floor and spotted the bad quality. So i don't think you want any of my parts Laughing

Some friendly advice - it might be worth you reading your employers policy on social media etc… Whistle
Post #960631 5th Aug 2022 10:19am
MaxRPM

England 
Procta wrote:
lord-haggis wrote:

best thing, because the service parts, as its called in the game, are not to the best of quality, they just send crap.

This is nothing new. 50 years ago a friend who worked for Jaguar told me that new panels that wouldn't fit on the assembly line. were sent to the dealers to be sold as spares.
Post #960676 5th Aug 2022 4:00pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Retroanaconda wrote:
Procta wrote:
Where i work the mount of crap that has been sent to Renault, Honda, BMW, Toyota and Nissan, is eye watering. As soon as Honda ended the previous version of the civic, they took their tools and told the company to do one. BMW has been very rocky, and its questionable if they will give them new work, even though there is talk. The bright work they couldn't get right for Toyota and they ended up passing it back to them. Renaults told them where to go now, after the farce with the parts, that have been made. One point they actually came in and did a inspection of all the Renault bright work. They were not impressed at all. Nissan only puts up with it, because their cars are just flung together and not arsed about their quality as much. But they have kicked off a few times in the past, after the lines have been parked, and someone higher up has a had a walk on the floor and spotted the bad quality. So i don't think you want any of my parts Laughing

Some friendly advice - it might be worth you reading your employers policy on social media etc… Whistle

they have had far worse on social media Laughing Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #960760 6th Aug 2022 2:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>