↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Keeping it clean.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Colin44

Scotland 
Keeping it clean.
Good evening.
I know this is asked to frequently but I am useless at searching and time is not on my side, I’ll keep it short promise 😀 I have a black defender as in profile, it’s clean I wash it regular snow foam the lot, but it needs ceramic coating or something it’s a mine field reading about good ones bad ones, I live in the middle of nowhere and would need a mobile person of which there are some up here, what i am asking is what brands products should I avoid when asking what they use, i just don’t have time any more to wash and polish 2 expensive cars and run my wife for appointments (90 mile round trips) and look after all our animals 🤔
Cheers.

Its not everybody’s read on a car forum so no need to read the next bit, it’s just the background to why I am asking.

I would never ever have purchased a black car in the first place BUT, my wife was diagnosed terminal with 5 mts to live back in January 21, I gave up work to spend all our time together and by chance she was offered a chance of going on a trial drug from the USA she managed a year of it which helped a lot, but sadly her body got used to it and is now on a very recently approved new uk drug fingers crossed we get some more time together as there’s no cure just an extension for a bit more time.
We got the car in January 22 as a ex demo that was registered September 21 as no new defender’s anywhere, she fell in love with the pictures on the website and I gave in about being black as it’s her car but can’t drive anymore, we bought it blind from Pentlands and they delivered it from Edinburgh to Dornoch, when the car arrived her face was a picture I can never forget so I will be keeping this car safe for the rest of my days and which is why I desperately need to look after the black paint.
Thanks for reading.
Colin 2021 Defender 110 D250 xs edition Santorini black
Post #958919 19th Jul 2022 9:31pm
BrickBox

Wales 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Zermatt Silver
It’s a personal choice to which sealants people prefer. It’ll be down to who you chose to ‘detail’ your Defender. You’ll be paying a premium for a professional to come out and do it, so I’d let them advise/choose which one is best for them and your car. 2008 2.4 110 Utility XS.
Post #958924 19th Jul 2022 10:34pm
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
thinking of you and the wife but sorry cant help with the paint protection DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #958937 20th Jul 2022 6:14am
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
thinking of you both at this time Colin. I have used Angelwax products in the past, their factory is in Paisley and they have a network of ceramic application centres, one of which is in Elgin, here's the link for you to have a look:

https://angelwax.co.uk/angelwax-approved-genesis-detailers/ 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 250D XS
Post #958949 20th Jul 2022 9:00am
Tim in Scotland

I have had my Pangea Green wrapped with Expel clear gloss PPF on the bonnet, front and both sides up to the window line. I was a bit sceptical about the claims for it but it has been worth loosing the car for 4 days to have the film applied. Washing is a breeze no need to polish it and the self repairing claim works. I do take my 110 off-road and have driven some extremely over grown green lanes in the Lake District as well as a few over grown off road jaunts here in Scotland. I’ve also since had my Mini Cooper SE’s binnet and front wings done with the same film as Minis are prone to paint chips on the bonnet.
One issues I have had with it was that two of the film pa ales had to be replaced after my 110 suffered damage when a concrete bunker jumped out on me off-road………. Not a cheap repair at the end of the day but now the 2 years I’ve had the film on the rest of car it’s back to its overall sparkle! I have made a video of the film’s performance. The black 110 in front of me had no PPF or ceramic polishes when the video was made, it has since been wrapped with Matte/Stealth film but not Expel to hide all the bramble rash…..
My PPF was done by Ultimate Shine Autos in Stirling but Expel has agents all over the country.
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #958951 20th Jul 2022 9:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1