↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Defender 130
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
Eldoclear

Scotland 
The 5 seater version of 130 has a perfectly flat floor, it's only 8 seater that has a partially raised floor to accommodate the extra row of seats when folded flat.
have an extremely large 95Kg St Bernard, I agree with your points on the 110 too
Post #974863 16th Dec 2022 1:04pm
39Steps

Thanks for that, of course I had I thought about it I would have realised it is the extra seating but still think it should have a fully flat boot space even when the extra seats are lowered.

I mentioned on another post here a while ago, I found it astonishing to measure the Discovery Sport and find the depth in the boot is far in excess of the Defender. Of course the head height is not the same.

For our dogs the boot space is large enough without the cage but I do not like them travelling without one. The 110 will suffice for the moment as one of the dogs is still a pup, but I am not sure it will be big enough for all adults for anything other than short a shortish journey.
Post #974864 16th Dec 2022 1:15pm
Eldoclear

Scotland 
We did try our St Bernard in the 130, he's very tall, but even with partially raised floor he was still comfortable
We don't have a cage for him as he just falls asleep as soon as we set off anywhere (they sleep all the time with just some awake time now and again)
Post #974866 16th Dec 2022 1:34pm
Dowks

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Keswick Green
Old and new, frosty pickup

Click image to enlarge
Post #974907 16th Dec 2022 7:30pm
39Steps

Eldoclear wrote:
We did try our St Bernard in the 130, he's very tall, but even with partially raised floor he was still comfortable
We don't have a cage for him as he just falls asleep as soon as we set off anywhere (they sleep all the time with just some awake time now and again)

I wished ours slept more! Always have used a full cage in cars, was rear ended once and the cage saved the dogs thank goodness. Also most dogs involved in accidents in cars are actually injured or killed when the rear door is opened and they bolt due being scared, normally into live traffic sadly.

The one 100% positive I will say for LR in the 110 is we have the clearsight mirror - when you have large dogs in the back blocking any view it proved very useful!
Post #974920 16th Dec 2022 8:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234