↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Sleepy car!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Sleepy car!
Last Saturdayi left my car in an airport carpark, got weird looks from others when I popped the bonnet and connected up my solar powered trickle charger (we are in Norway for a few days short of a month so it’s a precaution so I didn’t return to a dead Defender) and dropped the bonnet back down. I thought this morning, one week in, to have look at the app and saw this - almost a “do not disturb I’m asleep message!”

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #955905 19th Jun 2022 8:42am
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Can’t help you with the Defender Tim as mine hasn’t arrived yet , but my Volvo does exactly the same. Goes to sleep after about 5 days to save the battery, even though it’s charged. The only way to reset it is to start it. 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #955930 19th Jun 2022 2:53pm
Silver Back

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Coniston Green
Tim, I think whiterdesign might have let your tyres down! Rolling with laughter
Post #955935 19th Jun 2022 4:14pm
stingray

Wales 
I inadvertently left mine locked but with the sunroof open, and got a phone call from LR telling me that I had done so! Big brother or what!
Post #955946 19th Jun 2022 5:55pm
Tim in Scotland

Silver Back wrote:
Tim, I think whiterdesign might have let your tyres down! Rolling with laughter

It’s been like that since last September when I punctured the front offside tyre off-road - when I left home all were correct including the spare. I have no idea how to reset it, I’ve tried doing the TPMS system reset several times and no difference. There’s no low pressure showing in the dash only on the app.

Stingray - if you go into the settings in the PiviPro screen you can set the global close/ open - then if you hold down the lock button on the fob everything will close and lock - holding down the open/unlock button it will globally open the roof and windows too. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #955954 19th Jun 2022 7:20pm
stingray

Wales 
Thanks Tim, I will have a look at that. Much appreciated.
Post #955966 19th Jun 2022 9:34pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
You can tell it to not go to sleep or wake itself up, i cant recall. but its an app setting

They all go to sleep (have for years) to save the battery etc If you have things plugged in then it sleeps fater. Mike
Post #955993 20th Jun 2022 9:41am
riz5x48g0

2014 Defender 110 2.5 TD SW Firenze Red
Tim, can I ask where you leave the solar panels? Outside or in the cabin? If the latter, how have you routed the charger cables? Thank you!

Edit: Apologies, I saw Tim's separate post on this point. Matt

Last edited by riz5x48g0 on 21st Jun 2022 4:16am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #956001 20th Jun 2022 11:36am
WizzardPrang

England 
I've just had that "I'm having a nap" message, not seen it before so I'm guessing its an update on the remote App.

mse: the Wake Up Timer is under Vehicle Settings on the App. Current vehicle: 2020 Defender 110S
Gone: Defender 90 HT 200Tdi, Discovery Sport, Freelander 2

Insta: wizzardprang
Post #956055 20th Jun 2022 9:43pm
Tim in Scotland

riz5x48g0 wrote:
Tim, can I ask where you leave the solar panels? Outside or in the cabin? If the latter, how have you routed the charger cables? Thank you!

Edit: Apologies, I saw Tim's separate post on this point.

Do be careful taking the cable from the jump start posts and routing it under the plastic trim on the bottom of the A pillar - I now lead the cable clear of that after seeing how many people have lost that small piece of plastic when it’s simply popped off while driving.
I leave the solar panel sat on top of the instrument cluster Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #956071 21st Jun 2022 5:34am
riz5x48g0

2014 Defender 110 2.5 TD SW Firenze Red
Tim, this is most helpful, thanks very much! Matt
Post #956168 22nd Jun 2022 4:11am
brucehun

South Africa 2003 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Java Black
Why don’t you just connect the cables directly to the battery under the seat? LR assist told me to do this for long term trickle charge. They also jump started the vehicle from there when battery croaked last year.
Post #956389 24th Jun 2022 7:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1