E diff with torque vectoring
3 zone climate
Cold climate pack
Convenience pack
Meridian surround
Illuminated tread plates
Extended black pack
Dark grey dash and rough cut wood trim.

Dealer fitting the bonnet decal and then I have a host of bits to get added myself.

No sunglass holder or soft close rear door.

Hopefully pick her up next week, cannot wait. Almost exactly 8 months from initial order and 4 months earlier than I was originally advised.

Click image to enlarge
Post #952965 19th May 2022 4:00pm
DAP2022

United Kingdom 
Enjoy, lovely car and spec.
Post #953007 19th May 2022 11:39pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Great looking car although I'm a bit biased Wink Laughing Bet you can't wait to go and pick it up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #953076 21st May 2022 12:57am
Kiter25

Scotland 
Thanks, yep roll on Thursday........ cant wait to get the wheel arch protection kit added, currently being painted narvik black by a mate. Then it's roof rack, ladder, gear box, roof tent and 270 awning. Oh and classical flaps.
Post #953079 21st May 2022 6:45am
Tim in Scotland

Have you applied for a CPS RFID (the app is hopeless for activating the chargers) for accessing the public charger network up here, still many places where charging is free and available for PHEV’s as well as EV’s. A one off payment of £10 (it was when I got mine!) gets you the card - and you don’t have to live here to get one you can have one even if you are an occasional visitor. Even those that you have to pay for are 20p or 25p/kwH. Of the 3850 miles I’ve done in my Mini EV some 3750 miles have only cost me the price of the RFID card……… the paid for miles have been due to topping up on my home charger either by diversion from my solar panels or in the middle of the night in off peak periods.
https://chargeplacescotland.org/ Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 21st May 2022 10:17am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #953086 21st May 2022 9:20am
J77

Scotland 
Nice Thumbs Up 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #953090 21st May 2022 9:58am
Kiter25

Scotland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Have you applied for a CPS RFID (the app is hopeless for activating the chargers) for accessing the public charger network up here, still many places where charging is free and available for PHEV’s as well as EV’s. A one off payment of £10 (it was when I got mine!) gets you the card - and you don’t have to live here to get one you can have one even if you are an occasional visitor. Even those that you have to pay for are 20p or 25p/kwH. Of the 3850 miles I’ve done in my Mini EV some 3750 miles have only cost me the price of the RFID card……… the paid for miles have been due to topping up on my home charger either by diversion from my solar panels or in the middle of the night in off peak periods.
https://chargeplacescotland.org/

Thanks will need to look into this. Just installed a tesla powerwall battery storage unit to maximise the use of our own electricity generation, in the last three weeks since it went in we have only used 4kw of power from the grid. Plan is to switch over to the tesla energy plan with octopus which should get us a rate of 11.4p per kilowat hour and save a fortune. Their online estimator reckons 87 a month should cover household use and 12k a year with the model Y when it arrives. Happy days.
Post #953115 21st May 2022 6:23pm
ben2012

When you say you’ve had a power wall fit, I assume you already have solar panels? If so what size array do you have? I’ve been thinking of installing them at home but not sure how much benefit we would have.
Post #953120 21st May 2022 6:35pm
Kiter25

Scotland 
It's a 4kw array, so 16 panels, newer ones are a bit larger and more efficient so I think now it would be 12 panels to give the 4kw output. Ours been on since 2012, cost me 6k to put them on and I'm getting about 1k a year back from the feed in tariff so more than covered the investment and I have 13 years still to go.One of my better financial decisions............ I was able to get an interest free loan from energy savings trust to cover 6k of the powerwall cost plus if you do the battery and solar its totally vat free and you can get 11k interest free funding.

One of these days I'd like to go off grid, next stage is a small wind turbine and increased battery storage.
Post #953135 21st May 2022 9:37pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
I've looked at the battery option a few times now. No easy ROI calc and each time I do a quick assessment I'm at 10 to 12years payback. However the Powerwall I was looking at was £11200

Sunny tomorrow and I will charge up the BMW battery on Solar. You can set a charge rate in the BMW which the Rolec charger seems to ignore. Either way charging on the BMW is limited to 16amp /3.7kwh which aligns with my 4kwh PV array at peak.
Post #953148 21st May 2022 11:58pm
ben2012

Thanks for the replies guys, interesting stuff. We don’t have anything at the moment and I was looking at the Giv energy inverter and battery which seem quiet competitively priced, so ROI May be less. The power wall looks great and it appears to be the Rolls Royce of the battery world but the cost is the bit that puts me off. The original FIT certainly makes a difference though when your looking at costs, shame they don’t still do it!
Post #953151 22nd May 2022 7:16am
Kiter25

Scotland 
FIT makes all the difference to be fair. It is quite satisfying seeing the smart meter only register the standing charge as the cost everyday (for now anyway)
Post #953154 22nd May 2022 7:55am
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
The FITs was too generous but the opportuntity was there at the time. Our PVs have produced so far 37.5MW over the 11.3 years and probably nudging a 300% return on the original £7800 install costs
Post #953162 22nd May 2022 10:07am
Leeds Utd

Germany 
Great looking Vehicle, but like Hairy Dan I am bias too (hopefully only 51 days until I collect mine)
Post #953416 24th May 2022 6:21am
Kiter25

Scotland 
Thanks, my struggle now is getting the dealer to get it ready for collection. Been a change of sales manager and the service has gone right down the pan. Supposedly be ready for me late on Thursday pm, roll on Thursday.
Post #953420 24th May 2022 6:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>