↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Site News & Feedback > :( 90 Ad Deleted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Yorkshire90

United Kingdom 
:( 90 Ad Deleted
Any reason why my Defender ad has been deleted? Granted I've been long time "lurker" on here it's just a bit disappointing that it was removed especially as my only motive was to ensure the Defender went to an Enthusiast home...
Post #90696 22nd Sep 2011 10:38pm
MrFlips

Wales 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Santorini Black
See rules for posting:

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic8202.html Peter
2008 SWB Truck Cab
1952 80" Soft top
Post #90701 22nd Sep 2011 10:43pm
Yorkshire90

United Kingdom 
MrFlips wrote:
See rules for posting:

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic8202.html

Wish I'd been commenting on the forum as long as I'd been using the site as a resource. Any 25 posts I make now will look just look un-genuine... Sad
Post #90703 22nd Sep 2011 10:46pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Nothing to prevent you from contacting Stuart Elliot by 'pm' he is also a new member looking for a Puma but I don't think his budget will reach.

Will reach yours though maybe! Saw the pictures before it got pulled. Shame, good looking truck but rules is rules! Good luck with the sale! And welcome by the way! Thumbs Up

Linky fingy....

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic8311.html?highlight= If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #90704 22nd Sep 2011 10:49pm
Yorkshire90

United Kingdom 
Thanks mate. I know rules are rules but it's a bit annoying to be called "cheeky" when I know for a fact I've supported forum sponsors 4x4 overlander's Brendan and Pete at Bell Auto's both buying products for both myself and family members and pushing business their way by singing their praises... not that they had anything to do with the "delete post" clickage Very Happy Well... Im nearly at my 25 so I'll see if I can impart from LR TD5 experiences on here. Cheers bud Thumbs Up
Post #90706 22nd Sep 2011 10:55pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
I understand your sentiment....nevertheless it does not get round the 25 posts and one month membership requirement that was recently brought in. It is there to protect us!

I wish you well with your sale. Alternatively if Brendan or Pete are willing (or any other established forum member you know) maybe they can post it up on your behalf? Do the rules allow this?

Good luck anyway. Someone will end up with a nice truck! Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #90709 22nd Sep 2011 11:04pm
Yorkshire90

United Kingdom 
K9F wrote:
I understand your sentiment....nevertheless it does not get round the 25 posts and one month membership requirement that was recently brought in. It is there to protect us!

I wish you well with your sale. Alternatively if Brendan or Pete are willing (or any other established forum member you know) maybe they can post it up on your behalf? Do the rules allow this?

Good luck anyway. Someone will end up with a nice truck! Thumbs Up

I'll get my 25 and wait it out... might pop it on pistonheads or lro before then...

I've already been quizzing Pete about my Discovery 3 remapping and EGR removed but was promptly calmed down as it still has March until the warranty runs out. Good guy. Thumbs Up
Post #90712 22nd Sep 2011 11:11pm
Yorkshire90

United Kingdom 
Not sure if Brendan will be any good. After I bought my Oztent with its kit and caboodle he was saying that he was stopping work for a year and going Overlanding for a long period of time... that's what the company Christmas card said anyway.... sure of it...
Post #90713 22nd Sep 2011 11:13pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
I understand your disappointment, however it's poor etiquette to join in with a forum only on your way out...

Even if you get to 25 posts you still need to be a member for 1 month or more to qualify for free ad posting.

Getting someone else to post on your behalf isn't in the spirit of the rules.. Sad

If you read the rules it does say get in touch with me if you feel you want an exception to the rules....  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #90714 22nd Sep 2011 11:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Yorkshire90

United Kingdom 
Apologies for the abrupt entrance but I genuinely didnt think of it being a stranger as a long time viewer of the forum. I just became a member of that many enthusiat forums I didn't know which login was which so just didnt sign up for anymore.

Anyhoo, just joined sister site Disco 3 and I wouldn't say I'll be on my way out of here with the many happy experienced TD5 years I've had. Green Oval to the core and have been since the age of 8.
Post #90730 23rd Sep 2011 12:09am
BigMike

United Kingdom 
Yorkshire90 wrote:

Wish I'd been commenting on the forum as long as I'd been using the site as a resource.

So you've been using the site as a personal resource, not contributing in any way whatsoever, and then you expect to rock on in, not even say hi and sell your truck. Then you whinge about having your post deleted. I think you need a lesson in manners and basic forum etiquette
Post #90734 23rd Sep 2011 12:38am
Yorkshire90

United Kingdom 
BigMike wrote:
Yorkshire90 wrote:

Wish I'd been commenting on the forum as long as I'd been using the site as a resource.

So you've been using the site as a personal resource, not contributing in any way whatsoever, and then you expect to rock on in, not even say hi and sell your truck. Then you whinge about having your post deleted. I think you need a lesson in manners and basic forum etiquette

Thanks for the warm welcome Mike
Post #90736 23rd Sep 2011 12:46am
Yorkshire90

United Kingdom 
Yorkshire90 wrote:
Apologies for the abrupt entrance but I genuinely didnt think of it being a stranger as a long time viewer of the forum. I just became a member of that many enthusiast forums I didn't know which login was which so just didnt sign up

Good manners also come from those who accept apologies. My mistake and I've apologised.
Post #90739 23rd Sep 2011 12:52am
leeds

United Kingdom 
Yorkshire90 wrote:
Not sure if Brendan will be any good. After I bought my Oztent with its kit and caboodle he was saying that he was stopping work for a year and going Overlanding for a long period of time... that's what the company Christmas card said anyway.... sure of it...

News to me that Brendan is giving up work and going over landing for a year. If he is he might just be going without his man bits if he thinks he is leaving me at home to run the business. Rolling with laughter

We might manage to squeeze a couple of weeks away in next year if we're lucky.

Barbara
Post #90757 23rd Sep 2011 8:14am
Yorkshire90

United Kingdom 
thanks for the Christmas card! Very Happy I thought at the lro show last year/or through the mail it said something about taking a break to go overlanding? Ps: do you have any oztent baskets in stock for my RV4? Smile
Post #90764 23rd Sep 2011 8:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>