↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > P400e Area (L663) > P400e questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ardevd

Norway 
P400e questions
Just signed a contract of a new Defender P400e. Rather crazy considering the car is hilariously expensive, but that’s another story.

Having researched the P400e pretty extensively I’ve got a few unanswered questions which I’m hoping someone here could help me with.

- Since regenerative braking is being used (I presume for the majority of the braking) do the brakes last longer than on the non-PHEV models?
- The P400e’s trunk area is a bit ridiculous, with a compromised size and nowhere to put the charging cable, jack or emergency kit. Where do you store them away? I’ve been told everything can barely squeeze into the side carrier (which I did order because of that very reason), but eager to hear of any alternative solutions.
- The Defender supposedly now comes with dual eSIMs and no nano sim slot. Can you enroll your own eSIM or are you locked into whatever JLR deal they offer in terms of connectivity?

Thanks!
Post #1026890 4th Mar 2024 11:50pm
Nick-St

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Trunk/boot size is rubbish and the hump in the floor is very annoying - I've had stuff fall out when you open the door as its sitting on the slope of the hump. My cable just lives in there in its bag and the jack is strapped to the floor on the right side. (I don't have the side carrier.)
Post #1027001 6th Mar 2024 11:51am
ardevd

Norway 
Yeah I’d actually rather have them raise the floor to the peak of the hump and give us some clever storage space underneath for cables and accessories than have the bulging hump on the floor.

Considering I just ordered the car your feedback on the boot is a bit concerning but I’m hoping I can make do with it regardless. Especially with the gear carrier to help me out
Post #1027005 6th Mar 2024 1:16pm
Louis-C

United Kingdom 
I've put both the Type 2 charing cable and the yellow 3 pin plug cable in my side gear carrier with no issues at all.

The Jack and all those after parts are kept in a sort of bag that is tied to the right side of the boot.

I did think the boot was pretty rubbish, so I bought a full height partition cage which doubled the height of the space. I can now throw also anything in there.

I have stopped moaning about the boot space after getting a 90 as a loan car. The glove box have more room than the boot in a 90
Post #1027032 6th Mar 2024 8:46pm
ardevd

Norway 
Do you have a link to that partition shelf?
Post #1027036 6th Mar 2024 9:45pm
milesg7

United Kingdom 
I too have used the side gear carrier for cables, tow ropes, etc and it takes it all. I have a 'lashing' LR bag, https://www.mm-4x4.com/land-rover-ripstop-bag-26272-p.asp on either side of the boot area attached with a carabiner which has seat covers, a cleaning kit in them, leaves more than enough space for me. North face do small bags called Canisters, I have one of those attached to inside of the load space with phone and macbook chargers for when I am on the go.

Click image to enlarge
Post #1027037 6th Mar 2024 9:49pm
Louis-C

United Kingdom 
ardevd wrote:
Do you have a link to that partition shelf?

https://store.landrover.com/vples0611-loadspace-partition.html
Post #1027039 6th Mar 2024 9:57pm
carltb

2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
I bought the parcel shelf from Powerful Uk (think its Britpart that makes them) and a partition net to use the full height (the net because then it can be removed in seconds when I need to). Shelf is great for charging cable storage etc and the jack could be strapped to it also.
Regarding the partition the poster above me recommended I would instead go with the half height one linked below if you don't intend to transport dogs with the back seat folded forward. With this one you can load things straight through without having to remove it. Like the net I've got but more sturdy.

https://www.lrparts.net/vehicle/the-all-ne...d-rover.ht

Click image to enlarge
 2024 Defender 110 p400e HSE
2015 Defender 110 Double cab
2004 Defender 90 Td5
Post #1030210 2nd Apr 2024 3:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1