Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
County V8

United Kingdom 
THE EMAIL
Have you seen this yet

Hi XXXXX

We’re now into ‘the Final Mile’ of engineering testing. Prototypes are moving down the line at our factory in Hambach. Our sales and service network around the world is taking shape. And we’re getting ready to announce full vehicle specifications and pricing – so that you can lock in your Grenadier order for production, and be one of the first to take delivery of our uncompromising 4X4.

In anticipation of this milestone, we wanted to give you an outline of what information to expect and when, and also to answer some of the questions about the ordering process that we know are front of mind. So, here goes:

APRIL 28th

Go to www.ineosgrenadier.com, where from April 28th you’ll find full vehicle specifications and pricing, trim packs, options and accessories giving you an opportunity to soak up all the information before we open the order books. We’ll also answer your questions on how to buy and service your Grenadier.

Our customer services team will also be on standby, on the phone and by email, to answer any questions you may have. customerservice@ineosgrenadier.com.

MAY 2022

Our order books will open in May, allowing you to firm up the build slot you previously reserved into a full specification vehicle order. It’s a little later than planned, but we’ve had a few issues outside our control to deal with and want to make sure everything is just right for you.

To confirm that order, we’ll be asking for a second payment of GBP 2050. Please know that – as with the reservation fee of GBP 450 – this sum remains fully refundable, and you’ll still be able to make minor changes to your specification until closer to your production date. At this point we will, of course, need you to sign a sales contract as we lock your Grenadier specification into the production schedule.

NOW, TO ANSWER SOME OF YOUR SPECIFIC QUESTIONS:

What time will orders open?

Once we’ve confirmed the date, the order book will open at 08:00 BST on that day. But no need to set an alarm – we’ll keep open our ‘priority access window’, solely for reservists for about a month, after that we’ll be opening it up to all comers. But rest assured we will send you reminders during the month so you can secure that early build slot.

I’ve been following the Grenadier story since the beginning and was one of the first to place a reservation on 30th September last year. Can you confirm it’s still ‘first-come, first-served' now that you’re ready to take orders?

Absolutely, that’s still the case. We’re holding build slots for all reservists. ‘Hand raisers’ who placed their reservation between 30th September 2021 and 13th October 2021 will have priority access to the first batch of build slots. Those who placed their reservations after then will have priority access to the second batch of build slots.

Non-reservist orders will be allocated build slots after that. All build slots are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis within your priority group and will be held for around one month.

What if I want to drive one before I buy?

That’s your prerogative, of course, and completely understandable. Equally you’ll understand there’s a bit of ‘chicken and egg’ here! We will continue to provide opportunities to experience the Grenadier on our 2B prototype tours, and will have a fleet of demonstrators to offer test drives in from August onwards - by which time we will be building customer vehicles to order.

Consequently, deferring your order placement until after your test drive will mean a later delivery. From August you’ll be able to visit your local retailer and take away a Grenadier for a test drive. Reservations and orders are refundable until you sign the vehicle contract, and we’ll confirm the date when you get a build slot.

Do I pay the deposit online or at the retailer?

On order day, you can make your deposit of GBP 2050 online, either via Visa or Mastercard – and as with the reservation fee of GBP 450, it remains fully refundable until you sign your contract. The balance payment, when due prior to handover, will be by bank transfer.

How do I sign the vehicle contract?

We will contact you around 60 days before the start of your Grenadier’s build to request an eSignature of your vehicle contract.

Can I change my configuration after ordering?

You can make tweaks right up until you sign your vehicle contract, but it may have an impact on your production slot. The factory don’t want us changing engines, gearboxes, interior trims but you can change your paint colour or chosen accessories, for example. Our customer service centre is on hand to help get it sorted.

How long will it take to build my Grenadier?

We’ll give you the estimated build slot month once you’ve placed your order and an estimated delivery date when we ask you to sign your contract. The precise lead time depends on demand.

Will you keep me posted about my Grenadier’s production?

We certainly will. You’ll receive updates on your Grenadier’s status in your INEOS account. We’ll also contact you at the appropriate time when your contract is ready to sign and finance applications open.

I seem to be missing out on emails other people are getting?

We had some early issues with email permission settings which meant that some of you weren’t receiving all our communications. We’ve now fixed this, but if you were affected, we apologise sincerely.
Post #950180 22nd Apr 2022 9:27pm
Mike_E

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Aintree Green
April 28th... 2023?

nothing seen yet.
Post #950883 28th Apr 2022 6:25pm
23GPS

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Keswick Green
I was thinking the same, having followed the link in the e mail 10 minutes ago. Website not updated. Question Keep it simple - poverty spec.
Post #950885 28th Apr 2022 6:30pm
dnorrishill

England 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Apparently details are on the site now, but... site is down. Probably had a surge of requests and buckled under the pressure!
Post #950903 28th Apr 2022 8:04pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Alternative to the site, works for me https://mss-p-034-delivery.stylelabs.cloud...v=4e01172e 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #950906 28th Apr 2022 8:12pm
23GPS

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Keswick Green
Site is working now and e mail also has a link to a PDF brochure. £52k to £59k for stationwagons, bit of bedtime reading tonight...... Keep it simple - poverty spec.
Post #950908 28th Apr 2022 8:29pm
Mdm

United Kingdom 
fuel econmy is v poor and empty weight is almost 2740kg.....without a driver.

no info on comercial and vat reclaim side of things.

27mpg at best just isnt good enough.

The CO₂ emission (Diesel – 308g/km, Petrol – 346g/km) and fuel consumption (Diesel – 23.9mpg, Petrol – 18.5mpg) figures quoted by INEOS are Combined Cycle estimates. Where a range is quoted, the low figure is from a base vehicle, high from fully
optioned vehicle with off-road tyres. Passenger (M1) vehicles are tested with 15% of payload. Commercial (N1) vehicles are tested with 28% of payload (Bodystyle and powertrain availability may vary by market). These figures may not reflect real world
driving conditions, which will depend upon a number of factors including variations in weather, driving styles, vehicle load and accessories fitted (post-registration).
Post #950920 28th Apr 2022 9:43pm
SteveGren

United States 
Fuel efficiency was never going to be a strong point - there was no way this thing was going to be light, with their focus on robustness.

Now the size of the fuel tank combined with that is going to be problematic for anyone doing long distance remote touring. Was really hoping for a Long Rang tank option from the manufacturer.
Post #950944 29th Apr 2022 4:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1