↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Anyone here play guitar?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Mini Landie

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 90 Td5 HT Belize Green
Anyone here play guitar?
I've been learning for just shy of a full year and really enjoying it. I can play some songs although not consistently well the whole way through, yet.

Acoustic is what I'm about - mostly for its simplicity but I do love the sound of it as well, especially finger-picking. Saying that, I am yet to try an electric guitar so that's yet to come and I'm sure I'll enjoy that as well.

I've had one one-to-one lesson by a chap who lives around the corner from me but to be honest, I am getting so much value from Justin Guitar's free online course + paid companion app that I'm enjoying the money savings.

I initially bought an Epiphone AJ220S with a solid spruce top but after a while, I felt like the G string was ringing too proud compared to all the other strings. I took it back to the shop which found nothing wrong with what I was describing but found issues elsewhere so I left it with them. After a while of not hearing anything, I contacted the shop who said it will be cheaper for them to replace it than repair it. Epiphone stopped manufacturing the AJ220S and replaced it with a very similar J-45 Studio, which is my current workhorse.

I'll be treating myself to a Taylor GS Mini Mahogany in a couple of weeks as a treat to myself for playing for a year (plus it's my bday next week so why not?!).

A clip of me playing (I'll be the first to say my singing voice is horrible Laughing ) https://www.instagram.com/tv/CbfhMAPFW9Y/?..._copy_link

I have a dream of playing around a camp fire with the Defender in the background... because maaaayyybbbeeeee!

So... anyone else here play guitar? 2003 90 TD5 Hardtop
Post #948881 10th Apr 2022 1:44pm
jaygti

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Yes , I’ve played for over 35 years, since I was 15.
I used to play all the time , but now it comes and goes. Sometimes I’m keen, sometimes I’ll barely touch it them for 6 months.
I mainly play electric.

Click image to enlarge

The sonic blue Tele is being built up at the moment. 2002 td5 90 county hardtop
Post #948979 11th Apr 2022 10:40am
hank

Wales 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Have played since I was around five years old when my Nan bought me a guitar for Christmas! I'm 35 now. I did all the grades as a kid/teenager but now just play for enjoyment.

You won't regret going in on a Taylor, they make lovely guitars. I have an array of acoustics, electrics and various kit. I sold some of it when I moved house in 2016 and now regret losing one or two of the guitars.

Your recording isn't bad at all! Work on your chord shapes/muscle memory to move around the neck seamlessly > 110 XS Double Cab
> Instagram @simonlanemind
Post #948996 11th Apr 2022 11:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1