↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Cabin led lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
custom90

United Kingdom 
Who found with the Mud interior light that they needed the plinth for it? Diesel$ Live$ Matter. β›½οΈπŸ›’οΈπŸ‘¨β€πŸ”§πŸ§°βš™οΈ RED, WHITE & BOOST! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Post #948397 6th Apr 2022 8:50pm
athelstan

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Montalcino Red
Thanks for the info Ianh, just my luck, as I have a 2015 2.2 XS it looks as if I will have to ditch my newly installed LEDs and resistors and go back to the old festoon bulbs.

It would seem that all the MUD interior LED lights fitted on the newer models will have to be ditched as well - what a waste! 2015 90 XS Station Wagon Puma 2.2
2015 Morgan Plus 4
Post #948405 6th Apr 2022 10:26pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
custom90steve wrote:
Who found with the Mud interior light that they needed the plinth for it?

The rearmost of the three in my Disco2 needed a plinth, neither of the Defender ones did.
Post #948408 6th Apr 2022 11:08pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
athelstan wrote:
Thanks for the info Ianh, just my luck, as I have a 2015 2.2 XS it looks as if I will have to ditch my newly installed LEDs and resistors and go back to the old festoon bulbs.

It would seem that all the MUD interior LED lights fitted on the newer models will have to be ditched as well - what a waste!

The build quality of the ALM alarm module in general causes me concerns, this being one of them, but the major one being the potential brownout caused by low main battery voltages if it gets very low through lack of regular use or battery deterioration due to age etc. Rendering the ALM inoperable and requiring someone like remotekey to fix it at quite high cost to enable the vehicle to be started !

This triggered me to get a CTEK trickle charger and replace my 8 year old original battery with the latest Varta LED95 EFB based leisure battery as the original battery was chirping the alarm when starting after a few cold days in the winter between trickle charges.

There are two versions of the ALM module, yours very likely to be the DH, and it may be worth asking remotekey if the internal LED light issue applies to both the CH and DH versions or only one.

Reading this link it seems that both CH and DH versions are impacted by the brownout https://www.m1n1.de/en/alm_ch12_immobilizer/, but that may not be the case for using LEDs for interior lights

To be honest I think landrover should address this issue, but I can’t see them doing it.
Post #948412 6th Apr 2022 11:21pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
BW - Thank-you. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. β›½οΈπŸ›’οΈπŸ‘¨β€πŸ”§πŸ§°βš™οΈ RED, WHITE & BOOST! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Post #948415 7th Apr 2022 12:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12