Home > My New Defender (L663) > Our new Pangea Green 2022 D110
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DaveCNB

United States 
Our new Pangea Green 2022 D110
Hi All,

Great forum! Been lurking for a few months until we finally got our new Defender 110 about a week and a half ago.

2022 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE P400 in Pangea Green
Air Suspension
Off road package w/ electronic controlled differentials and the off road tire option on 20" 5 spoke style 5098 wheels
Under protection front shield w/ exposed tow hooks front and back
Extended wheel arches and mud flaps
Acorn/Lunar Green leather/fabric interior w/ dark headliner, sunroof, heated/cooled 12 way power seats
HUD, 11.4" Infotainment screen, combo analog/center LED display dash

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Had the car detailed and clear XPEL PPF put on the front/hood/fenders/bumper/lights/etc, matte XPEL PPF put on the glossy black bits on the front bumper, sides and rear bumper (clashes less w/ the matte textured extended wheel arches). LOL ready to get it dirty now!!

Thanks again for being a great resource for a new Defender owner. Looking forward to no longer lurking.

VR,

Dave
Post #945892 15th Mar 2022 9:11pm
haymeister

Japan 
Very nice, congratulations!
Pangea Green is the colour of choice, when clean it really pops in the sunlight. 22MY Defender 110 D300 S in Pangea Green and Contrast White Roof
IG defender_japan "Hulk san"
Post #945907 16th Mar 2022 3:59am
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Looks great! Post some more pictures when you get it dirty! https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #945908 16th Mar 2022 6:06am
Ace7711

Germany 
Looks great, congratulations 110 D250 SE Tasman Blue, white roof, black pack, advanced towing pack, rear diff locker, driver assist
Post #945929 16th Mar 2022 10:28am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Very nice Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #945955 16th Mar 2022 3:37pm
mbso

Italy 
Bellissima Thumbs Up wow Very Happy DISCOVERY 4 2013
VOLVO XC90 2017
MY23.5 110 D250 SE in Santorini Black
Post #945990 16th Mar 2022 9:54pm
stingray

Wales 
Apart from being a D300, that is absolutely identical to mine which is due soon.

Looks great!
Post #945995 16th Mar 2022 10:25pm
DaveCNB

United States 
Thanks All!
It's been a couple of weeks and I'm super happy with how the build turned out. The L663 is surprisingly livable in suburban and highway driving and it is admittedly very plush and comfortable inside. No interior squeaks or rattles or software issues so far, it came with the latest software so my iPhone does CarPlay wirelessly which was a nice surprise.

Of course it wouldn't be a LR product if there were some minor fit/finish issues (both factory installed front extended fender flares had small gaps between the plastic and metal where the adhesive didn't apparently make a good connection). Not a big deal though, I had the flares removed when I had my detailer PPF the front and hood with XPEL (a proper job w/ the PPF wrapped around all the metal edges on the fender and not just trimmed to meet the plastic wheel flares) and he reattached/glued them on properly.

Got my VHF/UHF radio installed (posted about it in another thread, minor adventure but not difficult, got a proper NMO antenna mount for the factory roof rails coming from the UK), put on a rear bumper topside rubber protective panel from Amazon, and just had some extra light modules installed inside the grill stealth like. Took it on some unpaved/dirt roads yesterday (it felt great and soaked up the bumps and washboards like a champ) and got a little mud on the rocker panels/wheel wells so I no longer feel so poser lol.

Just waiting to finish my break in mileage and will be off roading sometime soon (hopefully : ) maybe a trip to the Eastern Sierras or out to Joshua Tree.

Dave
Post #946114 18th Mar 2022 7:12am
DaveCNB

United States 
Got out to Joshua Tree this past weekend : )
And the Defender was awesome! Did about 15 miles of dirt/sand 4x4 roads (pretty flat, nothing too challenging until after 2K miles break in) and as expected the Defender did awesome. Not at all uncomfortable across washboards, super stable in soft sand. It was cool watching the Diff's lock and unlock in the 4x4 info screen as we drove/hit different type of surfaces.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Sleeping in the back was pretty comfy too, but I'm not too tall lol.

One thing about sleeping in the Defender: if you lock it to turn out the lights/shutdown battery usage, remember to unlock it via the key fob before you open one of the rear doors to get out (or the dammed alarm will go off and bug everyone, lol ask me how I know : ). If you don't lock the car once you've settled in, there is some continued power draw and after 7 hours overnight, there was a low battery warning telling me to start the engine in the AM. Battery voltage at the beginning of the evening was 12.5V, it had dropped to 11.5V by AM causing the low battery warning. Car turned over just fine though.

But in cold weather, I wouldn't want to chance it and definitely recommend locking the doors to put the car into a full power shutdown. Now I know why folks go for a very involved dual battery system. I'm going to get a portable battery pack/jumpstart unit to keep on future back country trips.

Also, it would be nice if someone could figure out a way to open the back hatch from inside. It would be nice to figure out a hack to tap into the wiring for the rear hatch release to add an internal release button. Better yet, how about something that plugs into the OBD port to send various command signals (ie. open rear hatch, turn interior lights on and off, turn off headlights/DRL's, keep the power on past the auto shutdown period, turn all power off, stereo on and off, etc) over the car's CAN bus so that you don't have to climb over to the driver's seat and hit the start/stop or light controls. Not sure if this is even possible but it would be really cool.

Anyhow, it was a fun trip and it was a good test/shakedown of what it takes to spend the night in a Defender 110.

BTW, the Pangea Green paint color really hides dust/dirt well. It looked like a clean surface that was matte green until you touched a surface and disturbed the layer of dust.

Looking forward to future trips into the dirt.
Post #947468 30th Mar 2022 1:11am
tooslo964

Wales 
I believe the hardtop has an internal handle for the rear door (I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along to confirm)
Maybe you could add that or modify ?

ETA. see similar question re the rear door has been posted under Modifications and Maintenance
Post #947474 30th Mar 2022 6:59am
J77

Scotland 
Go into the Pivi menus and you can disable the alarm for one ignition cycle Thumbs Up 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #947532 30th Mar 2022 5:30pm
DaveCNB

United States 
Yes there is a little handle in the rear boot hatch, but there is no button/switch to disengage the latch from the inside.

Looking at some of the videos online, where they have the back trim panel off, maybe there is a way to tap into the wiring for the exterior handle's button wiring, but I'm really not wanting to go experimenting w/ tapping into the wiring.... (I'm a bit worried that it's not a simple switch as the release mechanism is likely tied to a RF proximity thingy that detects if you're in range with your key).

Yes, saw that other thread where some dealer is working on a solution. Not sure if any progress on that yet.

Oh nice, didn't know there was a disable option in the car's settings. Looked around quickly tonight but couldn't find the temporary alarm disable option. Anyone know what screen it's under?

Thanks!
Post #947582 31st Mar 2022 6:32am
Leeds Utd

Germany 
It Looks great having fun in the desert Very Happy Razz , Have fun and enjoy, only 10 more months to wait..... Whistle Big Cry Crying or Very sad
Post #947598 31st Mar 2022 9:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1