↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My New Defender (L663) > My new 110 D300, initial thoughts.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Guyneutron

United Kingdom 
My new 110 D300, initial thoughts.
Hi Everyone,
It finally happened! After lurking on here for ages, and spending the last 6 months looking on auto trader and the Land Rover website, figuring out what spec i actually want, and then actually finding a car that has the exact spec(a feat within itself) plus seeing prices comedown (i didnt want to wait for new, and was looking for an almost new low milages example) I pulled the trigger on a MY 23.5 110 D300 XD HSE.(car has , full digi dash, clearview, usbs in the back, air suspension and meridian surround)
And what a better way to start a new car ownership then with a road trip with the family to get a sense of the car for everyday driving !
We took a trip from London to Anglesey, and the car was amazing!
Got 37 MPG which I thought was pretty darn good for such a big car! Had ACC on most of the way set at 75mph.
All the tech works great, however lane keep assist like in most cars is pretty horrible, car will ping pong inside lane.
Auto high beam assist on dark country lanes was surprisingly good.
Meridian surround, is a must in my opinion for anyone that loves music, the standard meridian is subpar , the meridian surround is good, not amazing but more then acceptable.
I am coming from a Porsche Taycan, so the fact that i didn't have to stop to charge, AND i wont have to go out of my way to charge on the island is a alone a cause for celebration!!🎉🎉🎉
I loved my Taycan cross turismo (estate), but the defender is just so much better at being a family car, and the gadgetry on it is much better then in the Porsche(Porsche are lagging far behind when it come to gadgetry) i also think that for such a big and tall car it handles surprisingly well!
Anyway, just thought i would share my thoughts on my initial first few days of ownership .
If you made it to the end well done! Wink haha
TL:DR i like this car!!

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by Guyneutron on 23rd Oct 2023 9:29am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1012190 23rd Oct 2023 9:03am
tonyp

United Kingdom 
Sounds amazing and good to hear your thoughts on the D300, 37 Mpg is very impressive for the size and reassuring for my regular trips from Northern Ireland to Yorkshire.

I placed an order last month for a 110 D300 HSE which I hope to get circa March next year, also ordered the Meridian Surround so good to hear the feedback on that (I confess to ticking most options)
Post #1012194 23rd Oct 2023 9:13am
Moo

Ukraine 
Sounds like a good first trip. No idea how you managed 37mpg. I've never come close on any long distance trips!

Glad you're enjoying it and the ease of 'recharging' Laughing Its a great mile muncher. I've done nearly 20,000 miles in my first year including three trips to Milan. Thumbs Up Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1012196 23rd Oct 2023 9:18am
Guyneutron

United Kingdom 
Yes, recharging is a breeze! Hahaha
Although in London the Taycan was super easy to charge and i can not fault it.
Im happy to be back in a ICE though.
Post #1012198 23rd Oct 2023 9:31am
Guyneutron

United Kingdom 
tonyp wrote:
Sounds amazing and good to hear your thoughts on the D300, 37 Mpg is very impressive for the size and reassuring for my regular trips from Northern Ireland to Yorkshire.

I placed an order last month for a 110 D300 HSE which I hope to get circa March next year, also ordered the Meridian Surround so good to hear the feedback on that (I confess to ticking most options)

Well worth ticking that box, its as good (maybe a pinch better) then the Bose system in my previous car, but not as good as the Burmeister I used to have in my Cayenne)
Post #1012199 23rd Oct 2023 9:36am
milesg7

United Kingdom 
Beautiful pal enjoy!!
Post #1012200 23rd Oct 2023 9:43am
Guyneutron

United Kingdom 
Moo wrote:
Sounds like a good first trip. No idea how you managed 37mpg. I've never come close on any long distance trips!

Glad you're enjoying it and the ease of 'recharging' Laughing Its a great mile muncher. I've done nearly 20,000 miles in my first year including three trips to Milan. Thumbs Up

Mind blown

Click image to enlarge
Post #1012649 25th Oct 2023 9:37pm
Moo

Ukraine 
I do wonder if it's as accurate as the 'lieometer' in the D3/4? Confused

Either way, it's better than the 26.7 mpg I've averaged in one over 19,500 miles since picking it up nearly a year ago. Anyway, I've never bought a LR for its economy. Laughing Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1012661 25th Oct 2023 10:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1