↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > No CarPlay or Android Auto on 2020 model
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Stifmeister123

Australia 
No CarPlay or Android Auto on 2020 model
Hi, I just picked up a 2020 defender 110. Are all defender came with CarPlay as standard? I couldn’t connect mine and also can’t find the CarPlay feature in car connectivity as well. The software also upgraded to the latest 3.0 version. Been hard resetting the infotainment for many time still no luck. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Post #943044 19th Feb 2022 1:54pm
Tim in Scotland

Have both and Alexa on my June 2020 built in Feb 2020 D240 110 First Edition, just I have them all switched off!
It might be something that is market specific as I’ve seen on a YouTube channel where a guy bought a grey import Tesla M3 from Hong Kong into Thailand and he didn’t get any of the mapping or autopilot on it that he has on his Tesla Model S in Norway. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #943066 19th Feb 2022 4:49pm
BlairTim

United Kingdom 
Re: No CarPlay or Android Auto on 2020 model
Stifmeister123 wrote:
Hi, I just picked up a 2020 defender 110. Are all defender came with CarPlay as standard? I couldn’t connect mine and also can’t find the CarPlay feature in car connectivity as well. The software also upgraded to the latest 3.0 version. Been hard resetting the infotainment for many time still no luck. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

My March 2020 D240 had Apple CarPlay, which moved to wireless with the 3.0 upgrade. 21 MY Defender 110 D240S, Pangea Green, White Roof

ON ORDER - 23 MY Defender 110 D250 XS Edition, Santorini Black, Black Roof
Post #953058 20th May 2022 6:12pm
Tim in Scotland

This could be a regional thing. I follow an Norwegian Thai who has property and a Tesla M3 in both Thailand and Norway. In Thailand he cannot access the Tesla mapping and some of the infotainment apps that Tesla’s elsewhere come with. His Thai Midel 3 was also a personal import from Hong Kong. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #953060 20th May 2022 6:53pm
haymeister

Japan 
I’m on 3.2.0a and I still don’t have wireless CarPlay, only wired.
I’m told by my dealer that this is a Japan region issue. Confused
Bit of a pain… first world problems for you. 22MY Defender 110 D300 S in Pangea Green and Contrast White Roof
IG defender_japan "Hulk san"
Post #953089 21st May 2022 8:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1