↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My New Defender (L663) > Finally arrived XS Edition 90
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
GilesM

United Kingdom 
Thanks for this Jomara, really good, just what I need, will have a proper read over the sites, perfect for hopefully easing myself gently into the off road world.
Post #939449 25th Jan 2022 3:27pm
GilesM

United Kingdom 
J77 wrote:
Looks great, the 90 looks the must nuts.

I think they look amazing, I saw one for the first time in the flesh at the end of April last year, it helped me make up my mind very quickly as to what car I should buy next.

Click image to enlarge
Post #939450 25th Jan 2022 3:34pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
April was a bad month* for ordering so you struck it lucky there. No news on mine and no ETA as of yesterday. Dealer no longer communicating with me as I questioned their allocation allowance and if they have actually managed to supply a P400.

Looks like the BMW X545E will arrive before the Defender. At least this has a early June (to dealer) date against it (slipped 2months)

*I had to join the July ordering tracking thread. Rolling with laughter
Post #939586 26th Jan 2022 3:24pm
GilesM

United Kingdom 
No idea why some seem to be delivered quicker than others, it could just be dependent on the options ordered, I understand certain parts are more limited than other options, I know somebody who was advised not to go for the heads-up display on his new Velar as this would really impact the delivery date.

As I work in the Semi-conductor industry, I'm just glad the sales people's friendly chat didn't get as far as my job. Wink
Post #939697 27th Jan 2022 12:05pm
smudge597

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

My 90 in Gondwana
Post #940160 30th Jan 2022 10:50am
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Great colour!! Enjoy! Thumbs Up

You weren't tempted by the white steel rims, I think they look great with gondwana and white roof. James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #940200 30th Jan 2022 3:24pm
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
When are you getting yours then James? Wink https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #940232 30th Jan 2022 5:42pm
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
I would love one but hmm not just yet! Big Cry James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #940234 30th Jan 2022 5:58pm
GilesM

United Kingdom 
smudge597 wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

My 90 in Gondwana

Looks good, what do you think of the external storage box, I was in two minds, but it looks good on yours.
Post #940310 31st Jan 2022 11:12am
smudge597

United Kingdom 
Use the storage box for the dogs gear - kid next door said that he thought the car had headphones on Very Happy
Post #940334 31st Jan 2022 2:20pm
GilesM

United Kingdom 
jomara wrote:
Giles have a look at the links below for the Scottish Land Rover Owners Club & Scottish Green Road Clubs, they both hold Green Road Runs which are easy going no damaging off road events.

https://www.scotgrc.co.uk

https://www.slroc.co.uk

Finally got around to joining the Scot GRC, booked into my first off road adventure with them on 5th Feb, looking forward to it.

My defender is now a year old, 23k miles of pure pleasure, only trip back to the dealer has been for it's 20k service, and a local garage for some new boots. I still smile every time I drive it.

Post #979201 22nd Jan 2023 9:46am
Tim in Scotland

You will enjoy the 5th Feb run with SGRC - I’m one of the earliest members at SGRC but cannot make it to that one this year. The Forrest Estates run is very popular and all the special stages are by-passable by staying on the main tracks where you can spectate them easily. The site has been specially constructed with feed back from SGRC to the land owner - his factor is also a member and a Range Rover owner. There is nothing there that will be too difficult for a New Drender ……….it’s the only site I have been to where the majority of the tracks have street names - named after family members and friends of the Olsen family who own the estate.

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #979216 22nd Jan 2023 11:21am
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
Is the Forrest Estate run more challenging Tim?

I went on the one at Lochearnhead, it was listed as unsuitable for smaller LRs and at the drivers briefing they made it out to be quite challenging but I have to be honest I thought it was a very straightforward track.
Post #979218 22nd Jan 2023 11:30am
GilesM

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
You will enjoy the 5th Feb run with SGRC - I’m one of the earliest members at SGRC but cannot make it to that one this year. The Forrest Estates run is very popular and all the special stages are by-passable by staying on the main tracks where you can spectate them easily. The site has been specially constructed with feed back from SGRC to the land owner - his factor is also a member and a Range Rover owner. There is nothing there that will be too difficult for a New Drender ……….it’s the only site I have been to where the majority of the tracks have street names - named after family members and friends of the Olsen family who own the estate.

Click image to enlarge

Sounds good, really looking forward to it, hopefully I'll meet you another run.
Post #979222 22nd Jan 2023 11:52am
Tim in Scotland

Let’s put it this way - you would have to try very hard to do any damage to your car at Forrest Estates. I managed to slash a Duratrac tyre in one of the widened ditch sections 2 years ago. The whole idea of the club is to be non-damaging but it isn’t unknown to happen. Most of the runs are on forest tracks or like the Lochearnhead run on old drove roads so nothing like doing the special stages on the LRE at Eastnor Castle! Unfortunately we do have to go where the land owners say and over the years that has meant gentler drives than we used to do.
As far as I know SLROC no longer does any Green Road runs, they are mostly into quite competitive stuff which doesn’t suit many of the SGRC members who are most;y looking for a scenic drive out in the hills with their family with as little “excitement” as possible! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #979223 22nd Jan 2023 11:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>