↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Any Dacia Duster owners?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Any Dacia Duster owners?
I’m after some honest opinion from anyone that has owned a current generation model. In my continuing, and long drawn out, search for replacement family car I’ve noticed just how cheap brand new Dusters seem to be. On the face of it they seem to meet my two main criteria of being economical to run and having good ground clearance. I’d be looking at a 1.3 turbo petrol model, which I think then restrict choice to 2wd which is a shame, but not essential.

What concerns me is the pretty customer satisfaction score that Dacia gets, so interested to know how if they are reliable and what the dealers are like for dealing with warranty issues. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #908526 19th Jun 2021 12:14pm
RoadForce

Netherlands 2000 Defender 130 Td5 HCPU Coniston Green
Not sure if it's only a rumor, but look into crash safety because I've heard that it could be sub-par. I have no 1st hand experience with Dacia, but I would say it's something to keep in mind. Defender 130 HCPU Td5 MY2000
Post #908544 19th Jun 2021 4:26pm
Pat

Wales 
My brother has had one for about 4 years and treated (abused) it like a builder's van, but not had any problems with it other than the rear lock doesn't always respond to the fob - he's been getting round to take a look at it for a year or more! It started with a kiss, never thought it would come to this.
SIII CSW Safari, limestone, (JAC 914N). Where is she now?

It's not a car, it's a way of life!
Post #908545 19th Jun 2021 4:47pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I think these are a cross with a renault and a nissan. So basically just a cheap version, One of the lasses at at work replaced her micra with one, and she has had no trouble with it at all. My mates farther in law looked at one for a disability car, and was offered the very basic spec. My mate nearly died when he was told the spec, He said do they still make cars like that still! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #908582 20th Jun 2021 1:05am
Bluest

RoadForce wrote:
Not sure if it's only a rumor, but look into crash safety because I've heard that it could be sub-par. I have no 1st hand experience with Dacia, but I would say it's something to keep in mind.

They do have a low ncap score, but when you look into it, it is because it lacks electronic aids like lane keeping assist, not because it structurally unsound. Ncap is a constantly moving target, so a car that would have walked 5 stars only
a few years ago might struggle to get 3 stars today. Personally, the lack of the active system doesn’t concern me. I’ve never had a car with them and in other ways this will be a million times better than the 12 year old hatch we currently have. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #908593 20th Jun 2021 7:43am
Bluest

Pat wrote:
My brother has had one for about 4 years and treated (abused) it like a builder's van, but not had any problems with it other than the rear lock doesn't always respond to the fob - he's been getting round to take a look at it for a year or more!

Do you know it it’s petrol or diesel? 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #908594 20th Jun 2021 7:46am
Bluest

Procta wrote:
I think these are a cross with a renault and a nissan. So basically just a cheap version, One of the lasses at at work replaced her micra with one, and she has had no trouble with it at all. My mates farther in law looked at one for a disability car, and was offered the very basic spec. My mate nearly died when he was told the spec, He said do they still make cars like that still!

Yes it uses the mash up of Juke/Qahqai/Captur/Kadjar underpinnings. The basic model is really basic, no radio even, but I’d perhaps treat us to couple of steps up the range from that Laughing 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #908595 20th Jun 2021 7:49am
Pat

Wales 
Bluest wrote:
Pat wrote:
My brother has had one for about 4 years and treated (abused) it like a builder's van, but not had any problems with it other than the rear lock doesn't always respond to the fob - he's been getting round to take a look at it for a year or more!

Do you know it it’s petrol or diesel?

Diesel. It started with a kiss, never thought it would come to this.
SIII CSW Safari, limestone, (JAC 914N). Where is she now?

It's not a car, it's a way of life!
Post #908678 20th Jun 2021 10:48pm
SJM2018

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Aintree Green
Had one as a hire car in Iceland a few years a go - it was a 4x4 petrol version.

We were there in the winter and to be fair, it was fitted with studded tyres, but was unbelievable at how well it performed. At the time I had a posh Mercedes C350 as a company car and my girlfriend said she preferred the duster!

It was slow, but when we had to rush home one evening due to an impending storm, I managed to hustle it a long the snowy gravel roads nicely.

If I were to sell the defender, I would seriously consider a duster. 2011 CSW XS 90
Post #908714 21st Jun 2021 8:33am
Bluest

There is currently a brand new one on Autotrader for under £12k, not even the base model, it has a radio and is bi-fuel, so factory fit LPG for even more cheapness. It’s very tempting just to get for myself. I see them as the sort of modern day Renault 4. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #908720 21st Jun 2021 8:43am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Bluest wrote:
Procta wrote:
I think these are a cross with a renault and a nissan. So basically just a cheap version, One of the lasses at at work replaced her micra with one, and she has had no trouble with it at all. My mates farther in law looked at one for a disability car, and was offered the very basic spec. My mate nearly died when he was told the spec, He said do they still make cars like that still!

Yes it uses the mash up of Juke/Qahqai/Captur/Kadjar underpinnings. The basic model is really basic, no radio even, but I’d perhaps treat us to couple of steps up the range from that Laughing

Sounds like the spec of some rover metros, some of them never had radios either, let a lone fag lighters. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #908767 21st Jun 2021 11:53am
andydef90

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
they lose there value quick but apart from that they look good there is two on our carpark today
Post #909105 23rd Jun 2021 1:53pm
RDR

United Kingdom 
had one in Iceland for a bit whilst the Disco 5 we had hired was being repaired Rolling Eyes

very impressed and couldn't believe the price when I googled it. They seemed vey popular with locals and hire car fleets out there which has to say something. 110 MY23.5 X Dynamic HSE
RR MY23 HSE PHEV
D5 MY19 HSE - Now Sold
D4 MY16 HSE Luxury - Now Sold
D4 MY12 HSE - Gone
D3 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
Post #909113 23rd Jun 2021 2:32pm
Baldinho

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Orkney Grey
Updated version being launched later in the summer with new touchscreen, headlights etc.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/suvs/beho...cia-duster
Post #909124 23rd Jun 2021 3:07pm
Bluest

I’m seriously desiring an absolute bog basic Access trim level, just as my own runaround. No radio, although it is pre-wired should I want to fit one, no AC, no electric mirrors, 16” steel wheels, UN white etc. There’s something very satisfying about not having any unecessary stuff on a utility vehicle. The only extras I’d want is a towbar for the tip run and a spare tyre. Just like this…

Click image to enlarge
 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #909135 23rd Jun 2021 5:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>