↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Pioneer SPH-EVO62DAB, anyone tried one and want to comment?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
phillips321

2005 Defender 110 2.5 TD DCPU Belize Green
Pioneer SPH-EVO62DAB, anyone tried one and want to comment?
Hi all,

Im about to bite the bullet on a Pioneer SPH-EVO62DAB (similar to SPH-EVO82DAB and SPH-EVO92DAB) that has a 6.8inch screen which is separate from the main body. Hopefully making mounting easier.

Can anyone comment on the software quality and how well car play works?

I plan to fit this into a TD5.

Thanks in advance
Post #938394 19th Jan 2022 8:20pm
dotom

Germany 
Hi, I have the newer SPH-EVO64DAB in my Smart 453, with the specific mounting equipment. Apple car play is wireless and the sound of Radio,DAB+ and Apple car play is fantastic. I thought about the SPH-EVO62DAB first but decided for the newer one, as it has wireless car play and a faster processor. Great choice.
Best regards
Tom Defender 90 XS, 10-2015, Corris grey
Post #938565 20th Jan 2022 7:19pm
phillips321

2005 Defender 110 2.5 TD DCPU Belize Green
Just ordered the evo62, will let everyone know how it goes and upload some photos.
Post #939217 24th Jan 2022 1:54pm
Cwe1941

United Kingdom 
I have this in my 110 Utility - I'm pretty pleased with it.

Not got a very good photo I'm afraid:

Click image to enlarge

It obviously sticks out a bit from the dash which has the benefit of allowing access to the dash buttons but you do have to make some effort to view screen - but I think that is the same with the double din conversions too so not much worse.

There are a lot of cables and dangly bits which need to be placed out of the way to ensure a good fit.

Android Auto works well and the assistant is pretty effective. Reversing camera and DAB are good too (although I have upgraded the aerial to power for DAB).

Android/Apple all runs off a cable which I've concealed and pops out from the bottom of the centre console but helps to have a place to store your phone.

Still not entirely convinced that the larger screens are better than having the phone placed easily to hand in a holder with google maps and linked up to, say the original Alpine stereo - I suppose the reverse camera is helpful but I also have that on the rear view mirror which I find more useful. I wonder if the Pioneer fold out is the best solution as keeps the single din and folded out is that bit higher than other double din solutions.

I have it connected to the usual focal kit and iBus amp/sub which was very simple and sound is good and blocks out usual defender noises.
Post #939368 25th Jan 2022 9:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1