Home > Europe > New Defender Order in Germany
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Leeds Utd

Germany 
New Defender Order in Germany
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has any idea if I should receive some kind official order conformation from Land Rover ?

I ordered a 110 SE in December, I have signed my contract and paid my deposit, even though I was told I could wait for a while as my vehicle wont be delivered until Oct / Nov 22. I have received a copy of my order (options listed by LR option code and standard options), but this was just a printout on their own headed paper.

In the past when I have brought new cars (in the UK), I have always received an official order from then manufacturer that included a Sales order / Customer and information like, build date, delivery date and conformation of my order. Is it just the way dealers work in Germany or am I missing something?

Confused
Post #938167 18th Jan 2022 1:26pm
Ace7711

Germany 
Ok me again. Smile
So I ordered back in July 7th 2022, got a copy of the contract and a week later received an official confirmation by the dealer and not JLR via post where everything is stated, also a delivery date or rather date range (Q1 2022, without guarantee)

So why is it not from JLR, well the dealer orders the cars with JLR on their behalf and my contract partner is the dealer and not JLR.

You paid a deposit...wow 110 D250 SE Tasman Blue, white roof, black pack, advanced towing pack, rear diff locker, driver assist
Post #939895 28th Jan 2022 4:30pm
Leeds Utd

Germany 
Hi Ace,

Thanks for your answer.

I understand that my contract is with the dealer and not JLR, this is normal unless the manufacturer owns the dealer, but i would have still expected to receive the VISTA printout at the same time. Once I was told this, I ask my dealer who gave me a copy straight away, just seems a strange way to work.

And as for the deposit, I took it with me when I ordered, again in the UK, I have always had to pay the deposit when you order, but also to get the money out of my bank as I am being charged to have it there. I also paid for my dealer extras and deliver / prep fee as well, in return I was given 10.5 % discount on the whole vehicle, which was twice as high as the other dealers I spoke to.
Post #939999 29th Jan 2022 9:17am
Leeds Utd

Germany 
Ace7711 wrote:
Ok me again. Smile
So I ordered back in July 7th 2022, got a copy of the contract and a week later received an official confirmation by the dealer and not JLR via post where everything is stated, also a delivery date or rather date range (Q1 2022, without guarantee)

So why is it not from JLR, well the dealer orders the cars with JLR on their behalf and my contract partner is the dealer and not JLR.

You paid a deposit...wow

PS, lucky you not long to go !!!! Mr. Green
Post #940000 29th Jan 2022 9:18am
Ace7711

Germany 
Good Morning,

OK with the deposit I now understand. 🤣 too much money in the bank is always good.
I luckily also got 10% of mine.
Anyway I did get a VISTA printout but it Only said “oder confirmed” until late November when my dealer called and said they submitted the build again and got a build date.
And my VISTA now has
- order generated
- oder confirmed
- last day of change
- car was build
- delivered to dealer
- handover

But there are several other points on the VISTA not filled with dates which makes me a bit weary of the whole system…
So in 4 weeks I’ll know if they are building the car but I guess they will have ahifted it again back one month…
Best,
Andreas 110 D250 SE Tasman Blue, white roof, black pack, advanced towing pack, rear diff locker, driver assist
Post #940003 29th Jan 2022 9:28am
Leeds Utd

Germany 
Hi Andreas,

I wouldn't worry, and would expect the vehicle to arrive when noted on the VISTA. I work in the car industry and have quite a few friends working for JLR, and they tell me that most of the information is update after you receive the vehicle, as the system is so slow to update.

Your dealer should be notified once the vehicle is to leave the Plant and he should update you.

Good Luck and enjoy your 110 when it arrives ! Very Happy

Mark
Post #940048 29th Jan 2022 5:17pm
Ace7711

Germany 
Hey Mark,

Yea let’s wait and see. JLR changed my dates already once from build date 11.02.2022 to 11.03.2022 so I do predict it’ll happen again but I’ll be very happy if they stick to their dates in the VISTA.
And be sure I’ll post more once I get close to the delivery and also lot’s of pictures if it arrived.

Best,
Andreas 110 D250 SE Tasman Blue, white roof, black pack, advanced towing pack, rear diff locker, driver assist
Post #940059 29th Jan 2022 6:05pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
Did you take delivery of your Defender yet?
l ordered mine in January 2022 and received it in November
Post #977763 12th Jan 2023 3:54pm
Ace7711

Germany 
Yes I did there is a post about my Tasman Blue defender somewhere.
But here are some pictures

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 110 D250 SE Tasman Blue, white roof, black pack, advanced towing pack, rear diff locker, driver assist
Post #977767 12th Jan 2023 4:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1