↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Reverse camera not automatic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Race.it

Spain 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alaska White
Sorry to bring this up, I have the same camera, had issues connecting it as routed the yellow plug up to the dash to discover my head unit does not have the plug to plug it into (optional extra)

Also as I am lhd I need to extend the reverse cable +ve/-ve from one side to the other.

But now I am confused with the red wire as from memory there was only a red wire at the head unit end, that I guess goes to the reverse switch on the head unit. But I don’t recall the other end of this red cable at the number plate end.

Thought it was phono + red cable at the head unit then the black/red cable over to the reverse light piggy back loom, or have I missed something. Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

5 months after starting the search I found it, and here is the details
Post #943502 22nd Feb 2022 9:43pm
Penfold_6290

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
pilsburypie wrote:
Well done chaps. Simply splicing that red wire in to the reverse red wire has done the trick. Camera on auto when reverse selected.

Thanks all for your great advice. What forums are about. Thumbs Up

Bit late to the party on this one but there is something else you need to do. On the DMX5020 you cannot change the position of the reverse guide lines on the screen unless the head unit thinks you are stationary with the hand brake on. How does it know?

Well...you will find there is a light green wire on the back of the head unit which is marked 'PRK SW', simply crimp a small ring connector to it and connect it to the metal chassis of the head unit with a small screw. This then fools the head unit into thinking the hand brake is on, then you will find that you can reposition the parking guide lines using the camera set up screen.

It won't affect any other aspect of the operation.

Good luck
Post #943514 23rd Feb 2022 9:46am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12