↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > Anyone Had LR Experience Invite And No sign of Delivery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
colingriffiths5

Anyone Had LR Experience Invite And No sign of Delivery
Just had my invitation and booking code from Land Rover to the free experience Day following purchase of my new defender.

Point is i have no idea of confirmed build date even though ordered way back in April , i had a build date back in August of 01/10/2021 and and delivery to dealer due 22/10/2021

When i check with dealer on the 01/10/2021 to see if everything was on schedule i had the been de slotted excuse

Something not making sense to me
Post #929440 11th Nov 2021 9:33pm
Defendit..

Netherlands 
Please complain at your dealer.
You're welcome to contribute, share, advice on this forum. No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #929450 11th Nov 2021 10:22pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
1 out of 2 is not bad....

Nice to see another April order. I thought it was just me from April. We should set up an April order thread.....

Waiting for some parts for my build Rolling with laughter

Post #929456 11th Nov 2021 11:27pm
colingriffiths5

was just trying to get a reaction
Are dealerships being underhand and taking customer orders and selling for super inflated prices

a bit controversial but cant find anyway of checking my order status with land rover direct
Post #929457 11th Nov 2021 11:28pm
colingriffiths5

was just trying to get a reaction and opinion
Are dealerships being underhand and taking customer orders and selling for super inflated prices

a bit controversial but cant find anyway of checking my order status with land rover direct
Post #929458 11th Nov 2021 11:46pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
I know what you mean.

I thought for a time that they were just stringing me along due to the discount I obtained on the car. I also thought the P400 XS was incorrectly priced when considered next to the P400X. However I have seen the figures and only 6no P400 XS 110 were built and registered in the second quarter. I can account for a few on Autotrader! What annoyed me was another P400 XS, ordered 7 weeks after mine, has a Jan build date. Whistle

Logic would dictate that the P400 XS is not as profitable as the P400 X hence the priorty to build it is poor. Similarly D200s were rolling off the production line and now on reflection this is probably linked to the fact the D200 has now been deleted from the range, which Landrover were aware of.

So queuing doesnt exist.

So I've kept my order in place but now have looked elsewhere and ordered an BMW X545E.

Maybe both cars will arrive, maybe the Landrover will arrive, but I'm reasonably confident that the BMW will arrive in 4 to 5months. Whilst I'm still very much in the dark on the Defender. I may run both or may fall back in love with the Defender and cancel the BMW. At the moment its all going BMW's way.
Post #929462 12th Nov 2021 12:49am

Scotland 
Re: Anyone Had LR Experience Invite And No sign of Delivery
colingriffiths5 wrote:
Just had my invitation and booking code from Land Rover to the free experience Day following purchase of my new defender.

Point is i have no idea of confirmed build date even though ordered way back in April , i had a build date back in August of 01/10/2021 and and delivery to dealer due 22/10/2021

When i check with dealer on the 01/10/2021 to see if everything was on schedule i had the been de slotted excuse

Something not making sense to me

i also received the email. dealer quoting build date 19/11 to dealer 17/12.
was ordered in june 90 ht , extras mudflaps, mirror and off road tyres
Post #929471 12th Nov 2021 9:19am
Ace7711

Germany 
pjm-84 wrote:
So queuing doesnt exist.

yes thats what my dealer told me. He does just not understand when and why cars are slotted to build for all of the Land Rover range. it's not first in - first out, not even highes (price) in - first out
Confused 110 D250 SE Tasman Blue, white roof, black pack, advanced towing pack, rear diff locker, driver assist
Post #929477 12th Nov 2021 10:37am
4B4B

United Kingdom 
Re: was just trying to get a reaction and opinion
colingriffiths5 wrote:

Funny you should say that...

Mine was de-slotted 'apparently'. After I finding out this, on the off-chance I went into the dealer to look at a nearly new vehicle. It was a different sales person, but the same dealer. After looking at the vehicle of interest I mentioned about our original order being de-slotted. To which he replied, 'that's strange', let me see what happened. He logged onto VISTA, and to all our surprise the order was still there, open, and in my name!!! It even had an expected delivery date. I was disgusted at Hatfields Shrewsbury bad customer service, and that they would do such a thing.

So I'd trust none of them frankly... the whole process with JLR stinks. But while the vehicles remain in such high demand, they can do what they want really. Defender 90 HSE 250D 2022MY - Gave up after two failed orders

Last edited by 4B4B on 12th Nov 2021 8:18pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #929490 12th Nov 2021 12:57pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
LOL ~ that sounds like a salesman settling a score against a colleague. He didn't know what he was doing?

So what did you do next?
Post #929517 12th Nov 2021 6:44pm
4B4B

United Kingdom 
I just walked and got my deposit back.

I was going to take it up with JLR, but in the end couldn’t be bothered. I’d wasted enough time with Hatfields Shrewsbury, and will be quite happy never to set foot in there again.

After contacting the Dealer Principal, I was assured the order would be cancelled. (As if….)

I did order a higher spec’d vehicle from another dealer at a much better discount. But really, the whole thing has left a sour taste. In many respects now I’m hoping for me personally that they do change my order, then I won’t have to lose the deposit from DTD. I’ve had enough now, and come on here mainly to see what the odds are on me being able to get that refund.

It sounds like sour grapes, and maybe it is to an extent, but the 2016 RR I owned went in for more warranty work than any other vehicle I’ve ever owned. So I’m content now to keep with what I have, and see what pans out as we are forced over to EVs in the near future.

The chip shortage looks like it’s going well into the second half of 2022. Even the likes of Apple’s manufacturer is predicting ongoing struggles with the power restrictions in China, and the general supply issues. https://www.wsj.com/articles/iphone-maker-...business_f Defender 90 HSE 250D 2022MY - Gave up after two failed orders
Post #929532 12th Nov 2021 8:30pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Also via DTD.

They have agreed that any changes would result in the contract being frustrated and therefore no fee payable. Hence I'm on a win / sort of win situation, assuming that LR can deliver the vehicle. That's the bit I have no confidence in. Length of time for the contract to be frustated is debatible but again if I have no build date by Jan 2022 I will go back to DTD and argue that the dealer / LR are unable to supply and therefore the contract is frustrated as the car was due for Sept 21 and the delay exceeds the original 4 to 5 months quoted time prior to order

If it arrives before the BMW, I may use it, but it will be going once the BMW arrives.

Yes I wanted the Defender, with its warts and all, but there is only so much you take before you go elsewhere.
Post #929538 12th Nov 2021 9:08pm
4B4B

United Kingdom 
Sorry to hear of your delays in getting a date too. It’s encouraging news about the refund though. Although, if it comes to it, I think it was only £200-£300 from memory, so not the end of the world. (Although it buy couple of tanks of fuel at current prices!)

Was the BMW on DTD too?

Back to answering the original topic. No, I didn’t get the Land Rover Experience contact, but I did get a ‘it’s getting close to delivery, so time to get to know the servicing options’ message. I received that a couple of weeks before my order was de-slotted.

The sceptical side of me doesn’t believe that the polyester shirts (and blouses) in Shrewsbury are any different to other dealerships. So it’s not impossible for it to be happening elsewhere. Defender 90 HSE 250D 2022MY - Gave up after two failed orders
Post #929539 12th Nov 2021 9:35pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
£362 DTD commision. No problem paying it but its not really my fault. Well apart from the fact I ordered it in the first instance.

No the BMW was via Carwow. It was more of what's was being offered and the 8.9% was enough to tempt me. Local as well, well my next local. No BMW offering on DTD
Post #929544 12th Nov 2021 9:52pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
4B4B wrote:
Sorry to hear of your delays in getting a date too. It’s encouraging news about the refund though. Although, if it comes to it, I think it was only £200-£300 from memory, so not the end of the world. (Although it buy couple of tanks of fuel at current prices!)

Was the BMW on DTD too?

Back to answering the original topic. No, I didn’t get the Land Rover Experience contact, but I did get a ‘it’s getting close to delivery, so time to get to know the servicing options’ message. I received that a couple of weeks before my order was de-slotted.

The sceptical side of me doesn’t believe that the polyester shirts (and blouses) in Shrewsbury are any different to other dealerships. So it’s not impossible for it to be happening elsewhere.

Hatfields are known for not being good

One that the dealers are not JLR and the relationship between them is no where near like bmw Mike
Post #929558 12th Nov 2021 11:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>