↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Headlining - not Gig related
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
XplusYplusZ

Headlining - not Gig related
I will not be opting for a pano roof, and am trying to decide between the Oyster Headlining or the Ebony morzine.

I had seen this as an easy place to save a few quid, but I borrowed a defender with oyster and found the headlining was very easily stained - with significant water damage from a previous roof leak. It's got me thinking how many bumps and scrapes and dirt and smudges the headlining is going to accumulate over time. So I think the ebony could be the most practical option - despite darkening the cabin significantly.

Does anyone have a secret to keeping that nice light headlining clean?

Thoughts/experience?
Post #928870 7th Nov 2021 10:54am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
I have the Oyster Headlining and it got a bit dirty when I had the back loaded up with tyres that were covered in the tyre dressing dealers put on to make the tyres look shiny. I used some Chemical Guys Foaming Citrus Fabric Clean spray and it brought it straight out.

I chose the Oyster Headlining as the demonstrator I had was fitted with the dark headlining and it just made the cabin too dark for my liking. Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #928903 7th Nov 2021 2:48pm
J77

Scotland 
I’ve only ever had light headlining, the only exception was my Velar, it came with black. Not my choice it was intended to be a dealer stock car. I got used to it but it was like a bat cave. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #928930 7th Nov 2021 5:46pm
umbertob

United States 
The parts that you are most likely to accidentally touch and get dirty (all pillars inner trim finishes, including the A-pillar which was always covered with a light fabric matching the color of the headliner on my previous Land Rovers) are black even if you pick the light color headliner, which I thought was a nice touch (the dark A-pillar fabric also cuts down on windscreen glare.) I didn't have a choice on my 2020 as the black headliner wasn't yet available as an option, but I have had it on a few loaner Evoques and it does feel a bit claustrophobic and dark, especially without the pano roof. I wouldn't pick it personally, but it does look sharp. 2020 NAS Defender 110 HSE 5-seater / Silver / Khaki / Black Pack / Black Roof / Satin Film / Cold Pack / Off-Road Pack / Advanced OR Pack / Comfort + Convenience Pack / Sirius + HD radio / HUD / Meridian Surround
Post #928936 7th Nov 2021 6:12pm
ginjez

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 ST Santorini Black
I went for ebony with mine being a commercial. Drove a station wagon recently with oyster and thought it strange the windscreen pillars were ebony
Post #928951 7th Nov 2021 7:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1