↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > Replacement D300 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jmac

Scotland 
Replacement D300 HSE
After a couple of issues with my 21MY Defender and the unfortunate incident of the damage caused by a LR Assist technician (which incidentally happened back in May and is only now being fixed) Land Rover agreed in July to replace the vehicle.

Click image to enlarge

An order was placed at that time but it was never given a build date. It has now moved on to becoming a 23MY which gave me the chance to make a couple of weeks. So I've gone for:

D300 HSE
Carpathian Grey
Satin Grey Alloys
Oyster Interior

Privacy Glass
Matrix Lights
Meridian Surround Sound
Cold Climate pack
Off Road pack (Locking rear diff, AT tyres)
Clearsight mirror

I had been debating whether to go down the line of the X-Dynamic or not but eventually settled on the standard HSE. I wasn't keen on the two tone interior with Robustec and decided I would prefer the full Windsor leather interior. I also didn't think the gloss black lower panels were the best idea off road.

I do like the Silicon Silver skid pans on the X-Dynamic and think they go much better with the Carpathian grey. There is too much contrast with the standard Ceres Silver. I have asked the dealer if they can therefore paint them before delivery.

Ultimately I was struggling to see past the original Eiger grey spec of the original vehicle but after a very disappointing experience from collecting the car to the damage caused, I wanted the opportunity to have that 'new car excitement' all over again and not just have a like for like replacement. Suffice to say, I think we have achieved that!

Happy to hear anyones opinion on painting bumpers and any additional colours that may work.
Post #927083 25th Oct 2021 4:44pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 
I've got a Carpathian grey 90 and had the bumpers painted Silicon silver, I'm really pleased with the result and I also went gloss black on the black plastic trims all round as, being a commercial, I'm unlikely to be going off road (hopefully).

Couple of images of before with silver bumpers and then Silicon colour and I agree with your 'too much contrast' comment.

Before:

Click image to enlarge

After:

Click image to enlarge
Post #927089 25th Oct 2021 5:45pm
jmac

Scotland 
Absolutely perfect example of what I’m planning on doing! Thanks for sharing that.

I was swithering if I was doing the right thing and that’s confirmed it! Thumbs Up
Post #927100 25th Oct 2021 6:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1