Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > Update to OS3.0
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Update to OS3.0
Copied from Facebook, hopefully we all get it soon Thumbs Up

Hi everyone. Great news. Over the coming days we will start the roll out of OS3.0!

This is the first of a number of major updates coming over the coming months. As always please note we use a staggered roll out so not all vehicles will receive the update at the same time. Please note: Depending on your vehicle you’ll need to be running 2.1.6 or 2.1.7 before 3.0 can be installed. Search for another post I wrote a while ago on over the air updates and tips for ensuring they download and install as soon as possible.

The official release notes are listed at the end, but I wanted to use this post to share some additional info /tips related to the most important addition as part of this update – Wireless Apple CarPlay & Wireless Android Auto.

As the words suggests, this update enables the ability to use your compatible Apple iPhone or Android smartphone without the need for a USB cable.

We’re also with this release introducing some enhancements to how Apple CarPlay & Android Auto are integrated into the Pivi/Pivi Pro experience, specifically Pivi/Pivi Pro’s homescreen to provide a more seamless experience than the typical Apple CarPlay & Android Auto experience.

First things first, getting set-up to use your smartphone wirelessly...

In most cases you’re going to need to delete your phone from Pivi/Pivi Pro AND within your smartphone’s Bluetooth settings, so let’s go ahead and do that first.

From virtually any Pivi screen click on the settings cog in the bottom corner of the touchscreen. Click ALL > connectivity > Bluetooth > <name> scroll to the bottom and click on ‘Forget Device’.

Now go to your smartphone’s Bluetooth settings and find your vehicle in the list of paired devices. Delete/forget it.

Now, go back to Pivi’s Bluetooth settings and click on ‘Pair New Device’. Follow Pivi’s onscreen instructions but also look out for pop-up messages on your smartphone as you’ll need to accept some of these to ensure it connects.

Once the phone is paired Pivi will ask if you wish to use your phone with Apple CarPlay / Android Auto. Agree to this. Again, check your phone for similar requests.

In most cases you should now be done, but in case here’s a few things to check and a few tips.

First a few of Pivi’s settings:

1. Connectivity > Apple CarPlay / Android Auto (depending on your phone of course), check the switch is set to automatically launch Apple CarPlay/Android Auto when your phone connects to the vehicle – by default this should be set to on. If you prefer you can manually start/stop Apple CarPlay/Android Auto from the button above this control.

2. Connectivity > Wireless. This setting MUST be set to On. By default, it should be.

3. Your smartphone’s Bluetooth settings. There is often a setting for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto in Bluetooth or wireless settings. Ensure this is enabled. Whilst you’re there if you wish to use messaging with Pivi Pro given Pivi Pro also supports message dictation in this release ensure show notifications is enabled on iPhone. Some Android phones have similar permission settings. This enables Pivi to display incoming text messages and then allow you to reply or send further messages. Remember Pivi also supports wake words. Go to settings > All > General > Voice Settings > Wake Word > Enable ‘Wake Word’. By default, this is Hey Land Rover. Alternatively, if you enable ‘My Wake Word’ you can record your own wake word. Mine is ‘Hey Pivi’, but you can use pretty much whatever you like as long as it has sufficient syllables for recognition.

With this set-up you can say ‘Hey Pivi send a message to <name>’ on mobile.’ Pivi will then display a dictation screen for you to start dictating a message. You can also use message templates. My favourite is the one which sends your ETA as a text along with your destination and then automatically follows this up with updates if you’re running late.

With your Apple iPhone / Android smartphone connected over Apple CarPlay / Android Auto respectively you can also interact with Siri / Google Assistant through a long press of the speech recognition button on the steering wheel button.

Ok so that’s the set-up out of the way.

As part of this release, we’ve also enhanced the integration of Apple CarPlay / Android Auto. There’s a couple of important points to note here:

First let’s talk about what’s new. Now the phone, media and navigation tiles and their respective shortcuts in the sidebar will link directly to Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. This allows direct calling to favourite contacts (if the phone supports this) or recents directly from Pivi’s homescreen. If using Apple Carplay and Apple Maps or Android Auto and Google Maps the nav tile will now display information from those apps in Pivi’s navigation tile. The media tile also supports control and information depending on the connected device and media app in use. If using phone, media or navigation from a connected smartphone (connected via Apple CarPlay/Android Auto) the side bar icons will now also link to those apps.

IMPORTANT: This now means when you click on the navigation shortcut in the side bar (assuming there is a connected phone) this will launch the last used navigation app whether it be on your phone or Pivi Pro’s built-in navigation system. If you only use Pivi Pro’s navigation OR say Apple Maps via Apple CarPlay this will make life easier for you as this shortcut will launch the app you use regardless of where it is hosted. We expect most people will use one or the other. If, however, you like to use both, to launch Pivi Pro’s navigation app having previously used a navigation app on a connected smartphone, relaunch Pivi Pro’s navigation from the app launcher. Once you’ve done so and set a destination, the home tile and side bar shortcut will revert to link to Pivi Pro’s navigation system.

**OS3.0 Release Notes:**

Introduction of wireless Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto®*

Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto®* is now integrated into Pivi's home screen.

Connected Speech can be used to control TuneIn and Deezer

Message Dictation is now supported

Clearer icons for phone and vehicle signal strength

You can now also confirm a destination to start guidance directly from the search results list in the keyboard, removing one or two steps as we continue to refine the Pivi experience and aim to reduce steps wherever possible.

*Please check market applicability

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3570240115...9609241803 Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #929186 9th Nov 2021 8:38am
J77

Scotland 
I must be running V3 but my car has only just updated to 2.1.3. Dealer applied updates maybe different.

It’s definitely slicker though. 23.5MY 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE, Pangea Green
Gone - 23MY 110 D250 XS Edition, Hakuba Silver
Gone - 21MY 90 D200 S, Tasman Blue, Fuji White roof.
Post #929279 9th Nov 2021 6:45pm
Tom_T

United Kingdom 
Mines just gone into the dealers today to hopefully rectify an issue with the interior lights. Will be interesting to see if they update the software to V3.0
Post #929283 9th Nov 2021 7:10pm
J77

Scotland 
Mine was updated due to my 90 not connecting to the embedded sim.

Tell them you have connectivity issues Wink 23.5MY 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE, Pangea Green
Post #929286 9th Nov 2021 7:36pm
Hairy Dan

Just had an email from Land Rover

Land Rover wrote:
DON’T MISS OUR BIGGEST PIVI INFOTAINMENT UPDATE YET*

Look out for Land Rover’s latest Software‑Over‑The‑Air (SOTA) update, which will allow you to connect wirelessly to Apple CarPlay™** or Android Auto®^ so your favourite smartphone media services are now only a touch away.

Here’s how this update’s new features will get your Land Rover even more connected than ever before:

• Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto® fully integrated into the PIVI home screen for a more connected vehicle/smartphone experience.† To activate the new wireless capability, simply delete and re‑pair your phone(s) via Bluetooth on BOTH your handset and your vehicle.

• Connected Speech now supports online ‘places of interest’ searches and a new Text Message Dictation service.††

Just hope I'm not waiting weeks for it Confused Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #929317 10th Nov 2021 3:03pm
J77

Scotland 
Yeah received one today also. 23.5MY 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE, Pangea Green
Post #929325 10th Nov 2021 5:21pm
Hairy Dan

A friend of mine that got his car two weeks after mine has just got the update today Confused Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #929511 12th Nov 2021 5:14pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
It often needs to be connected for enough time to download, so no short trips I’ve found Mike
Post #929556 12th Nov 2021 9:59pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Thx for the Infos.

I still don't know which version I do have. Nothing is shown. 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #929625 13th Nov 2021 5:15pm
Hairy Dan

Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #929859 15th Nov 2021 5:05pm
Ajay(UK)

England 
I’m never this early to the party Cool

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I’ve not had a chance to play yet other than to say I haven’t lost any of the settings or profiles from the previous software version Thumbs Up

Andy. 22MY Defender 110 X Dynamic HSE D250, Gondwana Stone with too many options!
Gone: 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Post #930076 17th Nov 2021 9:48am
Ritson

France 
OS3.0 dropped OTA last night for me. No problem installing and setting up wireless car play Very Happy though for some reason LR in their infinite wisdom decided to revert my units back to miles and mpg, rather than km l/100km as part of the update! Current: MY22 P400e SE
Prior: Discovery Sport HSE, Jaguar F-Type S, Discovery 3, RR Vogue
Post #930323 19th Nov 2021 9:41am
Ajay(UK)

England 
I've found an annoying bug in V3.0.0 Rolling Eyes

If you play music via a USB drive the latest software doesn't remember the "last played" point after an ignition cycle Big Cry

It starts playing the first track in the first album every time Crying or Very sad

Andy. 22MY Defender 110 X Dynamic HSE D250, Gondwana Stone with too many options!
Gone: 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Post #930383 19th Nov 2021 4:14pm
umbertob

United States 
You all noticed that you can now access live views from the surround cameras (even off-road views), no matter the speed? A "Keep it under 25 mph" warning (or something to that effect) pops up if you select a camera above that speed, but the video feed can be accessed regardless of how fast you are going. Wondering why they made that change, perhaps a way of recording video from the cameras to USB is coming? 2020 NAS Defender 110 HSE 5-seater / Silver / Khaki / Black Pack / Black Roof / Satin Film / Cold Pack / Off-Road Pack / Advanced OR Pack / Comfort + Convenience Pack / Sirius + HD radio / HUD / Meridian Surround
Post #930458 20th Nov 2021 2:15am
G4R1

United Kingdom 
I really hope they will come up with some sort of solution to be able to store video from cameras, that would be brilliant. 3.0L MHVE D200 S Pangea Green+Black Pack
Adv. + Off-Road and Family Packs
Post #930467 20th Nov 2021 8:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 7 1234567>