↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres (L663) > Adventure tyres review
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ben2012

Adventure tyres review
Hi all, I’ve been reading a few threads on the ATs and I’m still confused! Looking at upgrading from factory and wondering if they are worth it? I won’t be doing much off roading, it will be mainly tarmac, wet fields and snow (when we get it!). I’m a bit old school in that I don’t want a 4x4 that has crap tyres on it and getting stuck! Are the Adventures ok from a handling and noise perspective? Just seems that £250 isn’t too much to get done hopefully more functional tyres. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Post #952121 9th May 2022 9:49pm
hezor

Finland 
The road noise is minimal with the Adventures. The grip is fine with light off-roading but the sidewalls are weak and puncture easily. I can't say how they perform on the snow, as I have Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 SUVs as my winter tyres. 22MY Defender 110 P400e SE w/ Off-Road Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack + ClearSight Rear-View Mirror & 11.4" Infotainment Screen
Post #952131 10th May 2022 5:50am
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Experience day Defender cars are fitted with them.

The tyres, on the car we were given on the day, were well past their usable date at 4500miles of assumed 100% experience activities. However we had no issue following the instructor's car who was on Duratracs. We did our experience day at the beginning of Feb so not overly dry in places
Post #952133 10th May 2022 7:13am
ben2012

Thanks for the replies, I suppose the question is, are they worth paying the extra over the stock tyre other just stick with stock? Not sure how the factory ones perform in mud/snow?
Post #952134 10th May 2022 8:14am
Tim in Scotland

I’ve been running for 20 months/ 12000 miles on 20” Duratracs. They replaced the OEM Pirelli All Seasons that the car came on. I haven’t noted any increased on road noise and the fuel consumption hasn’t had any noticeable increase however the sidewalls are prone to damage in deep ruts with stones in them - I’ve had to replace two tyres with slashes in the sidewall and also suffered a flat when a stone got wedged in between the wheel and the bead - in all 3 occasions I was off-road and in all three occasions the TPMS picked up the loss of pressure very quickly.
I have since found out on another forum that the LR approved version of the Duratrac (and I assume the Adventurer is the same) doesn’t have the Kevlar reinforcement in the sidewalls that the non LR logoed version of the same tyre has. I’ve had no road holding or braking issues in the wet or on the snow but once the time comes for replacement I’ll be looking at any other brand than Goodyear’s with the LR logo moulded into them. The Duratracs have not shown any wear so far too. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #952139 10th May 2022 8:43am
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
Sidewalls are crap on both the AT Adventure and the Duratrac. I have the corner on mine and have trashed one when greenlaning.

I’ll be changing to proper AT tyres (BFG) when they’re worn out.
Post #952143 10th May 2022 9:02am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
I will say the scorpions have been surprisingly good off road…amazed actually Mike
Post #952218 10th May 2022 7:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1