↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > Defender 110 SE 200 delivery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Ace7711

Germany 
cyberhusky wrote:

last weekend I installed the tailgate table as shown in the other thread (thx for all the good ideas) and the boot LED lamp.
Today the expedition roofrack has been installed by my dealer.

congratulations, this looks very cool and almost like my car, that yet has to arrive. I have the tailgate table allready at home and the LED boot lamp will be ordered (is yours from PowerfulUK?). So I now just need my car but that'll take another 4-5 month I guess Crying or Very sad 110 D250 SE Tasman Blue, white roof, black pack, advanced towing pack, rear diff locker, driver assist
Post #926687 21st Oct 2021 3:27pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Quote:
the LED boot lamp will be ordered (is yours from PowerfulUK?)

No Powerful uk doesn't deliver to EU yet. As soon as they do I will order some additional parts.

I ordered the LED from Defender3D who actually makes the LED and other nice parts
https://defender3d.co.uk/products/ols/prod...d-lighting

But Brexit UK is really expensive: £68 LED plus £25 express shipment (which I'm willing to pay) but VAT plus taxes was about 134€ totally.

Next will come a DOMETIC fridge, plus next year off road tyres with TuffAnt steelies. Got an email yesterday: shipment to EU for the steelies is VAT of your country plus shipping, but no extra taxes. (I don't know the exception rules here). And a rooftent (I would like the Roofnest Condor (not available in EU), so probably I will go for the Tentbox lite as I want to have room left for accessories on the roofrack.

Actually I'm inspired by this setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSrRLz9PgOE 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #926714 21st Oct 2021 6:11pm
Loafer

United Kingdom 
If you can get Powerful UK to ship it, they can sell to you excluding 20% UK VAT and you will just pay VAT and clearance fees in Belgium.

They may be struggling with DDP (Delivery Duty Paid), but just sending for you to settle the costs should be easier for them. Carpathian Grey 110 D300 HSE
Post #926763 22nd Oct 2021 9:58am
Ace7711

Germany 
cyberhusky wrote:
Quote:
the LED boot lamp will be ordered (is yours from PowerfulUK?)

No Powerful uk doesn't deliver to EU yet. As soon as they do I will order some additional parts.

I ordered the LED from Defender3D who actually makes the LED and other nice parts
https://defender3d.co.uk/products/ols/prod...d-lighting

But Brexit UK is really expensive: £68 LED plus £25 express shipment (which I'm willing to pay) but VAT plus taxes was about 134€ totally.

Next will come a DOMETIC fridge, plus next year off road tyres with TuffAnt steelies. Got an email yesterday: shipment to EU for the steelies is VAT of your country plus shipping, but no extra taxes. (I don't know the exception rules here). And a rooftent (I would like the Roofnest Condor (not available in EU), so probably I will go for the Tentbox lite as I want to have room left for accessories on the roofrack.

Actually I'm inspired by this setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSrRLz9PgOE

That setup looks very cool. My only issue is that I have a parking garage that only measures 2m. So no roof rack or tent for me at the moment. The burden of living in Germany's 2nd largest city Wink 110 D250 SE Tasman Blue, white roof, black pack, advanced towing pack, rear diff locker, driver assist
Post #926803 22nd Oct 2021 6:37pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Rooftent
I bought a Yakima SkyRise rooftent. Today did mount it to the rear end of the original LR Expedition roofrack.
Now the height of my Defender is 2.46 m in low position when the rooftent is packed.
No more garage or parking lot. Even some drive-ins are a no go. Laughing

22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #928845 6th Nov 2021 10:26pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Thumbs Up
Post #928850 6th Nov 2021 11:03pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
New gadgets added and first night in roof tent…
Upgraded my Defender:
1) CB Midland M-5 (like Hairy Dan thx for the tips)
2) aerial mount from Ray Dewhurst behind the jerry cans with Sirio 3000 Turbo aerial (at the moment the cable runs from the rear passenger door. I will change it later.)

On the original LF Expedition Roof Rack…

3) All-4-Adventure 90 liter roofbox (https://www.campboss4x4europe.com/product/...-case-90l/) fixed with Front Runner brackets
4) 2x 20 Liter Jerry cans with Front Runner Jerry can holder
5) Yakima SkyRise HD Roof Tent (142 x 242 cm)

all about 108,3 kg so still enough for a Rhino Rack awning. (I made an Excel table where I click the gadgets fixed on the roof, it calculates the right weight and gives a warning when too much)

In the trunk…

6) 2x Front Runner Wolf Pack Pro boxes
7) Dometic CFX3 55IM fridge

Front cabin…

8 ) front dashcam Nextbase 322GW
9) Matchbox LR Defender on Dashboard

plus some camping gear.

I had a great spring weekend in the French Vosges last weekend with wife!

BTW without driving too fast mostly 100 km/h on speedways, I used 8,8 - 8,9 l/ 100km. (±31,74 MPG)

My setup is inspired here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSrRLz9PgOE though his setup is way too heavy for the 130 kg allowed capacity of the expedition roof rack. Shocked

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #947644 31st Mar 2022 6:15pm
Defendit..

Netherlands 
That looks great !
Did last August also Vosges and Alsace , but the wetter was cold and wet that time, yours seem to look ok and Sunny

Click image to enlarge
 No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #947815 2nd Apr 2022 5:37pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Quote:
Did last August also Vosges and Alsace , but the wetter was cold and wet that time, yours seem to look ok and Sunny

Sunny and 22°C during day but 1-3°C at night. But the right down sleeping bag and you're all rights.
Yes last August was pretty rainy in France, Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #947883 3rd Apr 2022 2:53pm
BruceT

South Africa 
looks great Cyberhusky. How did you fasten the Jerry Can holder to the roof rack?

Thank you. "Overlanding With Bruce" - Youtube https://www.youtube.com/@OverlandingwithBruce
11MY Defender 130
23MY Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzrHKcjA-LJ470_H4QwPgVA
Post #948298 6th Apr 2022 9:17am
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Hi Bruce,

I fixed the Front Runner Jerry can holder with these stainless M6 screws. I had to shorten them with a saw. Disadvantages: either you have to saw them to shorten and the dealer sells in 7 pieces packages (why not 8?)

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B09B265WQ...&psc=1

I will change some with M8 versions and ringscrews (the picture shows M6 but I bought MCool.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B09C58B7Z...8&th=1

Click image to enlarge

At first I made some aluminium plates with M8 holes but at 5 mm height they don't get into the rails it should be 4,6 mm. But fiddling around to get it right I thought it is easier to buy stainless pates and screws.

The same screws are available from Thule but at 17 Euros the piece quiet expensive.

Plus I had to drill 2 more holes in the base plate of the Jerry can holder to get it aligned with the Front Runner Rack. I also had to move some bars to get everythig aligned.

The original Expedition Roofrack looks great and modern. At 90 km/h it sounds a bit like travelling in a Airbus/Boeing. But it is annoying to fix things correctly.

I'm looking forward for the CargoBear Roofrack from Nakatanenga (is being developped):

It can be setup in different modules and sizes plus Molle-plate on the side. (apparently 300 kg cargo when driving!)

Click image to enlarge

I hope I could help.

Cheers

Manou 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #948332 6th Apr 2022 1:28pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Headlamp protection installed
Today I fixed my headlamp protections

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #950849 28th Apr 2022 1:51pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
They look great, do you have the matrix headlamps? Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #950862 28th Apr 2022 2:47pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Yes I do have the matrix headlights. I will check this evening how well it works with the protectors.

Update: the protectors don't make any issues with the matrix lights. They do work normally. 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #950869 28th Apr 2022 3:39pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
My lastest Def mods
I saw a video on YouTube by multiplicity where a box is shown to slide the fridgebox in and out.
Today I finished and installed my version of this box
- aluminium frame
- with aluminium PVC walls
- steel handles to fix the box in the car
- handles to transport the box
- fridge slide by Dometic
- fridge by Dometic
- all fixed with ratches
- on top slipperyfree stripes (normally used in showers)
- mesh (to store accessories)

Now I can slide the fridge outside without having to climb inside the car. If the tent is open the fridge protected from rain too.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #966427 2nd Oct 2022 11:44am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>