↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > DPD missed delivery scam
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Landymatt

United Kingdom 
DPD missed delivery scam
I received the text below, the link then took me to what I think is a pretty convincing page. They were requesting a £2.35 Re-delivery fee.

“We tried to deliver your DPD Parcel 372837491 today but no one was home. You may be applicable to a delivery fee, arrange redelivery: dpd-help.me “

I’m waiting for a parcel from a fellow forum member so was just in the process of getting irate, checking my cctv to see if anyone had actually attempted delivery, when sense prevailed. It’s a scam, don’t fall for it!

Click image to enlarge
Post #920306 7th Sep 2021 6:12am
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
There is also a Royal Mail text doing the rounds as well.

Since Covid no delivery company wants a signature or even hand the product to the home occupant. It just gets left of the door step and they take a photograph as proof.

DPD, as far as I am concerned are the best of the bunch as they will send a message in advance with a one hour delivery time slot.

The Postmen here are the worst as they rarely even bother to knock at the door. Even special delivery and signed for items are just left on the door step.

TBH I get odd days when the vast majority of emails and texts I get just get deleted out of habit as opposed to actually reading them.

What I will say is if you have elderly parents, talk to them, tell them to call you before they DO anything. With these sc.um one scam will lead to another once they have identified a victim.

Unfortunately the world is increasing not a nice place and being syndical is one way of staying on top.
Post #920317 7th Sep 2021 7:14am
karlp606

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Firenze Red
Yeh theres a few knocking about Ive even had a text from Hermes about a missed parcel.
None of them charge for a missed delivery.

My postman doesnt even knock, leaves the parcels on the front and signs my name on his ipad!!!!
Post #920323 7th Sep 2021 7:57am
dorsetsmith

Also DPDs address label printing that swops two letter around in your post code and driver PDA sends it to wrong address only by luck it can not left on site 10 days later email form sender you give the wrong post code and the delivery has been retuned to us so send address again check by them against past delivery notes as ok. round two DPD pick up the package again and address label printing swops two letter around in your post code and driver PDA sends it to wrong address but this time delivery retuned to dpds local depo email form sender dpd can not find your address so off to depo much humming and haring over proof and ID removed dpds address label to show senders delivery note with address and post code much Embarassed on part of dpd and still had to have delivery 4 days later
Post #920327 7th Sep 2021 8:34am
andydef90

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
i keep getting one from the crown court in York saying i i wad driving in a bus lane apart from ive not been to York for a number of years there is no reg number and the date it gives i was at work .
Anyhow i called York crown court and after a big not another one the gentleman said its a scam and i was the 9th person that had called that morning Sad
Post #920548 8th Sep 2021 1:20pm
Silver Back

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Coniston Green
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm fed up of waiting in for the delivery of diamonds from that Nigerian chap in hospital. I've replied to all his emails, and sent my bank details, but still nothing has arrived.
Post #920680 9th Sep 2021 10:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1