Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Mine keeps forgetting the asl setting, I should really get it sorted Mike
Post #921839 17th Sep 2021 6:02pm
Swac3

Add to all this that my HT doesnt even know its not allowed to do the posted speed limits so its not really even that helpful in avoiding a speeding ticket. 3 Landrovers
Post #929758 14th Nov 2021 10:42pm
Tim in Scotland

The difference in speed limits for HT’s and passenger cars is something that could very easily be fixed by an OTA update. Seeing how many people have bought HT’s/Commercials I’m surprised owners aren’t complaining more directly to their dealers to sort it out or directly to JLR. I appreciate that complaining to dealers doesn’t seem to get owners far but JLR has a big presence on social media these days and maybe owners should ask the iT guys at JLR in public forum why the software on their vehicles is wrongly programmed. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #929797 15th Nov 2021 10:55am
J77

Scotland 
It’s still never been used on mine, I don’t even like having the speed limits displayed on the dash, especially on the A9 as it reads the 50mph trial speed limit for truck signs. I use the manual speed limiter every now and then. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #929803 15th Nov 2021 11:26am
Nuclear Nick

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
The difference in speed limits for HT’s and passenger cars is something that could very easily be fixed by an OTA update. Seeing how many people have bought HT’s/Commercials I’m surprised owners aren’t complaining more directly to their dealers to sort it out or directly to JLR. I appreciate that complaining to dealers doesn’t seem to get owners far but JLR has a big presence on social media these days and maybe owners should ask the iT guys at JLR in public forum why the software on their vehicles is wrongly programmed.

Are you saying that the HT is not a commercial vehicle? How is it rated for VED, passenger car or commercial? I have a Navara pick-up which is taxed as a commercial vehicle and so the relevant speed limits apply AFAIK. In the past there was a lengthy debate on the Navara forum and there were differing opinions but it seemed to come down in the end to however the DVLA categorise the vehicle.
Post #929835 15th Nov 2021 3:02pm
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
I thought that if a commercial vehicle was car based , I.e Ford Fiesta van etc that commercial limits did not apply
Edit just looked it up and it’s vehicles under 2 tonnes laden 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #929840 15th Nov 2021 3:56pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Here we go again...... Big Cry
Post #929843 15th Nov 2021 4:28pm
GreenMonster

United States 
I always use adaptive cruise control; never, ever use speed limit control—for this very reason. I wonder if some (rumored) incidents where a few cars suddenly slowed down on highways were due to speed limit reading vs faulty emergency braking as was alleged.
Post #929919 16th Nov 2021 2:12am
Tim in Scotland

Nuclear Nick wrote:
Are you saying that the HT is not a commercial vehicle? How is it rated for VED, passenger car or commercial? I have a Navara pick-up which is taxed as a commercial vehicle and so the relevant speed limits apply AFAIK. In the past there was a lengthy debate on the Navara forum and there were differing opinions but it seemed to come down in the end to however the DVLA categorise the vehicle.

No I’m not saying that, although what is the difference between a Hard Top and a Commercial? To me they are both vans. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #929933 16th Nov 2021 10:08am
Nuclear Nick

United Kingdom 
As a newbie to LR I've no doubt got the wrong end of the stick here so did do a bit of a search to try to get some of the history. I can see it's a bit of a minefield going way back but just wondering what the situation is now? Is there any difference in tax class, ie car, light goods, dual purpose, between any of the variants in L663?
Post #929944 16th Nov 2021 10:47am
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
All Land Rover Defender Hard Tops (and the Disco commercial) are classed as commercial vehicles as they are all over the unladen weight allowed for them to be deemed dual purpose vehicles/car derived van so commercial speed limits apply.

Can anyone remember the last time they saw a Transit doing 50 in a 60? Or 60 on a dual carriagewway? No, me neither. https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #929945 16th Nov 2021 11:02am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
The old software used to know when the trailer was hitched and drop the limit, privi doesn’t do that any more Mike
Post #930021 16th Nov 2021 8:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12