↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > Blank screen then problems when returned.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
39Steps

Blank screen then problems when returned.
Hi,
Booked into LR next Thursday but wondered if anyone has or had similar problem?

All software up to date.

Driving along and touch screen went black. Restart of engine did not solve it. Left overnight it had returned by the morning but with the following problems (in no particular order!)

Weather app - goes to blank screen then returns to home screen.
Connect Accounts - same as above
Intermittently cannot see the usb source on audio.
Reversing camera does not always work when reverse selected.

Plus (I see it has been mentioned elsewhere) since the last software update the auto brake/collision thingy seems very sensitive and the lane assist - both on country roads which I have always driven without any issues. Drive the same road and now tells me I am going to collide with cars parked in laybys which have always parked there. LR say this part is no different, I do not believe that currently.

Thanks as always
Post #918066 20th Aug 2021 10:00pm
rutiger

United States 
have you tried a hard reset? hold volume button down for 15 seconds or whatever it takes to reboot it.

i've had one or two scenarios where pivo was acting weird. power cycle of vehicle didn't resolve it. only a hard reset fixed it.
Post #918148 21st Aug 2021 8:26pm
39Steps

Thank you for the reply. I was just reading other posts on this forum and noticed mentions of the reset, which I am sorry to say I didn't know about.

Is this something LR should have told me to try? If I do the reset I am presuming everything is reset to default?
Many thanks.
Post #918150 21st Aug 2021 8:37pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
TBH, get the dealer to sort it out.

They have to record it as a warrantee claim which in turn gets up to the correct management that if we are lucky they will put down their latte, adjust their cuff links, send an email to the person sitting at the next desk to ask them how many times this is happening. They will organise their secretary to arrange the biscuit selection and meeting of various heads of departments that they are responsible for, but have no idea what the job entails. They in turn will arrange inter-department meetings (stood up around the coffee machine because this is ‘new age), they will say that as they can’t afford a Land Rover they have never experienced that problem but they suggest the dealer replaces the part as they are only service techs and not problem solvers, an email is sent to the warrantee claims department who spits out their hot chocolate and breaks out into a cold sweat. Whilst mopping their brow with a discarded cravat they found on the floor the day before they consult the horoscope section of the Sun before contacting the dealer to replace your head unit whilst watching their annual bonus drifting away……

If your lucky the dealer will give you a thank you bag with a HUE mug, two travel mugs, a hat and something else that I have forgotten (not a cuddly toy) when the dealer fits the part then throws the box away before completing the warrantee claim and then asks for the car back to write down the serial number of the part………the internet flux capacitor on my wife’s Velar Thumbs Up

Rest assured, your pain now is helping those future consumers……. Whistle

Good luck, all will be well.
Post #918175 22nd Aug 2021 9:51am
39Steps

To be fair the dealer are good and have never given us an problems so far. I will let them deal with it when I go this coming week, I just wondered if anyone had similar issues as I like to be forewarned as to known problems as it does help if the dealers do try and minimise the issues.
Post #918178 22nd Aug 2021 10:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1