↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > how many of us?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
markalpha

England 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Ours was a 1999 model and was alot cheaper to service than the defender. Maybe Toyota have made things more complicated and with more toys(like most manufacturers) thus more to go wrong!

Question is will Land Rover ever be able to make reliable vehicles and if so how and when. Lets hope so we all love ours to bits now, how would we feel about them if they were more reliable!
Post #6172 11th Jan 2009 2:08pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
markalpha wrote:
Ours was a 1999 model and was alot cheaper to service than the defender. Maybe Toyota have made things more complicated and with more toys(like most manufacturers) thus more to go wrong!

Question is will Land Rover ever be able to make reliable vehicles and if so how and when. Lets hope so we all love ours to bits now, how would we feel about them if they were more reliable!

I would say they do...no more or less than other manufacturers, you just hear about it more i think.

Ill never forget my friends £80+k porsche and how many times that went in. Mike
Post #6177 11th Jan 2009 4:00pm
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
I joined here a while ago, and still have had no major issues with my defender,, Whistle California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #6185 11th Jan 2009 8:03pm
storming_puma

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Just to add. My Brother brought a 2008 Honda Accord diesel it so many problems over a 4 month period that he took legal action against Honda UK to get a full refund, the list was endless. just goes to show that all manufacturers have the Gremlins occasionally. My defender has had problems but I guess that I am lucky to have a helpful dealer.
Very Happy
Post #6187 11th Jan 2009 8:10pm
The Boy

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
I have been thinking that if they don't fix it this time then it will have to go. I have already had a quote from Toyota and to be fair I did ask to speak to the sales department at my dealers when I was discussing the the new parts to be fitted on Friday. The manager that I was talking to said he woudl prefer if I was to speak to the senior manager and not the sales staff to see if they could do anything in the way of a discount. I am still waiting for someone to ring me but it may be a good thing.
Post #6189 11th Jan 2009 8:31pm
markalpha

My dealer has always been very good in all aspects of servicing and warranty work. That makes all the difference to the Land Rover experience.
Post #6197 12th Jan 2009 9:33am
The Boy

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
TBH my dealer is not that bad but it is hard to find out if the problems are caused by them or by LR. With my gearbox crunching they said yes it is crunching but said LR told them it is normal. I kicked up and then area technical guy looked at it and said there was not a crunch. There is a crunch and the dealers admit there's a crunch but I am left out in the cold again. When cold it goes into death rattle mode and miss fires all the time on cold mornings. The dealers have now witness this but trying to get land rover to do anything about it is very hard. Every time the vehicle did its death rattle it world shut down and LR would have to come out to recover it, each time it has had a fuel rail and sensor. Just before Christmas they told me that a new kind of sensor was to be fitted after it brokedown, once fitted the only difference it makes is that when it does its death rattle thing it now does not shut down the car. So they have solved the expensive problem (to them) of recovery and hire car but not the problem itself. Rolling Eyes
Post #6198 12th Jan 2009 10:03am
markalpha

Not good, had similar pass the buck issues with a sprinter van and it's transfer box. In the end it got sorted 6 months out of warranty and i had to pay half the bill, was not happy but without alot of legal action I don't think there is much you can do. I thought about changing the van but not many manufactorers do 4x4 vanz that size. Maybe try a different dealer, you maybe surprised and they get it sorted.

In the end i kept the vehicles as I needed it and couldn't find anything else suitable.

You just have to ask yourself can you live with out what the defender does.

What Toyota are you looking at.

Good luck
Post #6205 12th Jan 2009 1:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12