↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres (L663) > Dealer charges for Duratrac tyres…!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Botanics

United Kingdom 
Dealer charges for Duratrac tyres…!
What have people been charged by the dealer for swapping out the standard off-road pack tyres (Goodyear Adventurers) for Goodyear Duratracs?

I assume its more cost effective (and hassle) to do it yourself and sell the original off-road tyres? MY22 110 D250 SE > MY23 110 D250 XS Edition > MY24 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic
Post #915980 7th Aug 2021 9:39pm
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
I know this is old, but I thought I’d answer! I’m being charged £182 per wheel to have them fitted. The old ones get left in the boot for me to sell on. I might have been able to save £30-40 doing it myself, but if there are any driveline vibrations I didn’t want to get stuck in the middle of the dealer blaming the tyre fitter and vice versa.
Post #992165 11th May 2023 5:12am
Tim in Scotland

In March when I was trading in my 110 the local Kwikfit branch charged me £80 total to remove 5 x 20” Duratracs and put the OEM Pirelli All Season tyres back onto my rims and re-balance them.
My new 90 has the Off-road Pack GY Adventurer tyres and for the time being the Duratracs are sitting in my garage and might stay there if the Adventurers prove to be good off-road, they are also quite quiet on road just like I found the Duratracs to be. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #992177 11th May 2023 7:36am
TexasRover

France 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Chawton White
I found in the UK (going back a few years) quite a few shops would not fit tires they did not sell themselves 'because of insurance reasons" yeah sure.

Certainly I wound not think the LR garage to be the most competitive for these services.
Post #992210 11th May 2023 12:40pm
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
Co1 wrote:
I know this is old, but I thought I’d answer! I’m being charged £182 per wheel to have them fitted. The old ones get left in the boot for me to sell on. I might have been able to save £30-40 doing it myself, but if there are any driveline vibrations I didn’t want to get stuck in the middle of the dealer blaming the tyre fitter and vice versa.

I should add, that £182 includes the tyre!!
Post #992214 11th May 2023 1:17pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Wasn't there an issue with the LR supplied Duratracs, as in they weren't the same as bought independently.

They didn't have the same sidewall strength if i remember correctly.

Happy to be corrected
Post #992270 11th May 2023 5:15pm
Tim in Scotland

Yes, it is the tyres that are stamped with the LR logo as approved by the company- they are also Q speed rated - up to 99mph. My set bought in 2020 from KwikFit are all LR marked and Q speed rating - when I asked my insurer above changing to Duratracs they said it wasn’t a problem, no increased premium but they must be approved by Land Rover as suitable for the vehicle. I haven’t looked at the Adventurers fitted as OEM tyres on my new 90 that were part of the Off-road Pack Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #992273 11th May 2023 5:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1