Home > Td5 > MAF sensor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
N5tys

2004 Defender 90 2.5 TD SW Bonatti Grey
MAF sensor
hi hope all is well

i have not had my defender td5 long and im just working my way through it sorting various issues !

the truck seamed sluggish pulling away until i disconnected the MAF sensor though is this doing any damage to the engine ?would anyone recommend replacing the sensor ? the truck was re mapped before i purchased it i believe a stage 1 ? with an EGR delete im also not sure if this is causing any damage to the truck ? i was potentially looking to take her back to standard as i did not really buy the truck to drive fast !

any help would be appreciated
Post #1026478 1st Mar 2024 4:22pm

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 HT Alaska White
Pulling the plug on the MAF gives the ECU a standard measurement of air flow where as the MAF adjusts it i have run around for years without one doing no damage but with one you get a better drive and fuel economy not that you bought a defender for those things Laughing 110 Td5 Ex Utilities slowly converting into a pop top camper one day

Build thread:https://www.defender2.net/forum/post1024784.html#1024784
Post #1026481 1st Mar 2024 4:27pm
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver
Re: MAF sensor
N5tys wrote:
hi hope all is well

i have not had my defender td5 long and im just working my way through it sorting various issues !

the truck seamed sluggish pulling away until i disconnected the MAF sensor though is this doing any damage to the engine ?would anyone recommend replacing the sensor ? the truck was re mapped before i purchased it i believe a stage 1 ? with an EGR delete im also not sure if this is causing any damage to the truck ? i was potentially looking to take her back to standard as i did not really buy the truck to drive fast !

any help would be appreciated

Leave the MAP and EGR delete in place as they drive much better with them. I would and have fitted a new MAF sensor. Again drivers better, uses less fuel, smoother drive. Just fit a quality part not a cheapy
Post #1026501 1st Mar 2024 5:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1