↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Wheel chocks recommendations
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Telemarkskier

United Kingdom 
Wheel chocks recommendations
As JRL no longer include wheel chocks with the Defender, I am considering https://www.amazon.co.uk/HOMCOM-Rubber-Veh...mp;sr=8-25
However if you have recommendations for me other than a house brick please pass them on. 2020 Defender 110 SE 240D: Fuji White.
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE
2007 Freelander2 HSE (man)
Post #918865 27th Aug 2021 10:52am
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
I carry two pieces of cut up fence post that are wider than the 265 tyres.

You can both choc the wheels, use as a base for a bottle jack, level the vehicle, use with a winch rope cable to stop it from dragging on the ground when winching over a ledge, chocks the front wheels when winch recovering another vehicle and of cause stops the local chav from breeding……. Whistle

May not be pretty and won’t impress the neighbours when you show them the credit card receipt but it works for multiple uses that a Chinese made press metal one won’t.

Thumbs Up
Post #918866 27th Aug 2021 11:08am
P50WKB

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Santorini Black
Snap ! - I do exactly the same.......with the added refinement of planing off the corners so that my lovely assistant doesn't get splinters (and before you say it, I only carry one pair of gloves) Laughing Laughing
Post #918892 27th Aug 2021 7:34pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
You can't beat a good bit of lumber for packing, cribbing, supporting or shoring up.

I visited the new aircraft carrier, Prince of Wales, in Liverpool last year. It was reassuring to see that alongside all the latest and expensive gadgets they had purchased, the rapid response rescue and repair teams still carried bags of assorted timber blocks and various lengths wood. Some old things just can't be bettered.
Post #918993 28th Aug 2021 1:12pm
Tim in Scotland

You never know in the middle if the ocean when you might need to make a cement box to stop the water coming in……… even on a modern, state of the art warship. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #919029 28th Aug 2021 7:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1