↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Series One (1954-on) truck cab for sale
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
[For Sale] Series One (1954-on) truck cab for sale
I realise that the appeal to members of this forum will be limited (to those with the good taste also to have a Series One!) but thought I'd mention it here anyway.

I have a Series One truck cab surplus to requirements, and loss of storage means I need to be rid of it sooner rather than later. It was originally off either a 107" or 109" pick-up with deluxe trim, and is very straight and generally in good condition. Most, but not all, of the deluxe trim fitting parts are present (some of the trim parts are not shown in the photos but are included in the sale) however the galvanised strips with the door seals are not present. The seal to fit between the screen and the roof is included but is a bit crusty (new ones are available from the S1 Club, I believe), but the brackets to join the top front corners to the screen are missing (but are simple enough to fabricate). Also included is a rare original "art deco" interior light in good condition.

The cab will of course fit an 86" or 88" as well as the LWB vehicles. It is possible to make this type of cab fit an 80" but they are dimensionally different to an original 80" truck cab (genuine 80" truck cabs are exceedingly rare).

I am looking for £250 for it, but would be open to sensible offers. It would need to be collected from Dorset (Poole/Wimborne area) but I am happy to discuss delivery within reason in the Dorset/Devon/Hampshire areas.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #917793 19th Aug 2021 5:14pm
scotty38

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Aintree Green
Nice and seems very reasonable for a series one bit of kit
Post #917812 19th Aug 2021 6:43pm
L110CDL

England 
Hi blackwolf, if you need to store some items that you don't really want to get rid off, let me know Whistle 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #917833 19th Aug 2021 8:20pm
blackwolf

Hi Clayton, many thanks for the offer, that's really kind. As it happens I have 2 of these truck cabs and only one 86", so there's no point keeping this one.

I had a load of Series 1 stuff stored at my mum's place but sadly she died unexpectedly just before Christmas, so I've had to clear it all out in order to sell the house. I now have an extremely full rented container on a secret secure site packed full of S1 treasures, but no room for this cab. I've also just sold two full hardtops for 86"/88" which also didn't fit in the container, but which again I couldn't see myself using. A S1 with a hardtop is too much like a biscuit tin to me, I prefer canvas.
Post #917891 19th Aug 2021 10:47pm
seriesonenut

United Kingdom 
I got all excited when I read the title,( I would love a lwb) then noticed was it was just the cab ! Rolling with laughter 2010 XS USW
1957 Series One 88 diesel
1958 Series One 88 4x2
Post #917894 19th Aug 2021 10:57pm
blackwolf

Believe me, if I had a 107" or 109", it wouldn't be for sale!
Post #917896 19th Aug 2021 11:44pm
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
That’s a reasonable price for the cab and nice to have some items of trim including the headlining supports.

107/109 enthusiasts may notice something different about this one.

Click image to enlarge
Post #917928 20th Aug 2021 10:21am
blackwolf

You need a truck cab for that, and I just happen to know where there is one for sale! Rolling with laughter
Post #917937 20th Aug 2021 10:38am
Slideywindows

England 
defender9 wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Apart from the one shown above, there can't be many 107/109" Series Ones in the UK without the truck cab already fitted.
IMO more likely a SWB owner might wish to convert a vehicle to a truck cab.

A (nearly) full set of deluxe trim is a good selling point, might be worth photographing all of it.

To whet someone's appetite, gratuitous pic of three SI truck cabs below.

Click image to enlarge
Post #918030 20th Aug 2021 5:23pm
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
blackwolf wrote:
You need a truck cab for that, and I just happen to know where there is one for sale! Rolling with laughter

I do happen to have a truck cab which is residing in the garage but I like the full canvas look. The rear tub top section on both sides was very badly bashed in so a decision had to be made, look for another decent tub, dump the tub completely and make a tray back for it or utilise the original tub by cutting it down to the same height as an 86/88 and make it into a full canvas courtesy of a bespoke hood from UCC. The latter seemed the best option and is quite unique.
The back is a bit “baggy” still and needs to shrink a little.

Click image to enlarge

As Slidey mentioned if you have some original trim that would be a good selling point for your truck cab.
Post #918033 20th Aug 2021 5:41pm
L110CDL

England 
blackwolf wrote:
Hi Clayton, many thanks for the offer, that's really kind. As it happens I have 2 of these truck cabs and only one 86", so there's no point keeping this one.

I had a load of Series 1 stuff stored at my mum's place but sadly she died unexpectedly just before Christmas, so I've had to clear it all out in order to sell the house. I now have an extremely full rented container on a secret secure site packed full of S1 treasures, but no room for this cab. I've also just sold two full hardtops for 86"/88" which also didn't fit in the container, but which again I couldn't see myself using. A S1 with a hardtop is too much like a biscuit tin to me, I prefer canvas.

No worries there blackwolf and the offer is always there if you need it Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #918902 27th Aug 2021 8:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1